MMUFF

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum

+25
skiptx
Yumi
xx Vix xx
Juliette11
diana621
Jae
somemoorecats
JenMomma5476
Soozicle
whereisyellow
engineer
LaVentosa
Martino
Mooscrat
Jillllll
pianofingers
Mogul
Addicted
Debinapril
Dazza JP
Mbstr8k
Admin
Trekker
karen_ni
faff
29 posters

Time to delete friends?

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Friend Code : B15B06
    MM Name : rainkid

Time to delete friends? - Page 2 Empty Re: Time to delete friends?

Post  Admin Mon May 21, 2012 8:48 pm

Sure thing! If anyone wants to share via Google Docs, I can create a dedicated area for files. Very Happy
    Trekker
    Trekker

Friend Code : Ask me
    MM Name : Trekker

Post  Trekker Mon May 21, 2012 10:45 pm

Martino wrote:

Hi Trekker,

Friend Jilllllllllllllll (formerly known as Jill) has posted a post earlier about this;

"Okay I just deleted three friends that were helpers, and the game is adding new helpers in the order in which they appear when visiting friends - so, when I visit Friend1, and I click the next Friend2 in the bottom right, then Friend3 in the bottom right, etc.

This order is different from my actual Friend list when I tap the "Friends" icon.

I hope that makes sense!"

Here is the thread it was in;
    http://www.mmuff.com/t94-locked-friend-in-a-room-of-my-manor

So, you can see in advance (and plan) which kind of helpers you get back.
    Maybe I become your helper in this way?

Greets Martino

Sorry, Martino, you weren't one of them. Crying or Very sad

I had finally made a list of my friends (in order of when they became friends) because I needed to keep track of which ones hadn't upgraded, so then I kinda knew which ones would be next. I think I lost an explorer but gained more scientists and bankers.
    Mbstr8k
    Mbstr8k

MM Name : Charlotte

Post  Mbstr8k Mon May 21, 2012 10:55 pm

Admin wrote:Sure thing! If anyone wants to share via Google Docs, I can create a dedicated area for files. Very Happy

I sent you the files earlier both in PDF and Excel form. I would love to see them wherever they end up!
    LaVentosa
    LaVentosa

Friend Code : 0e337f
    MM Name : LaVentosa

Post  LaVentosa Tue May 22, 2012 8:01 am

HA! Very Happy
    I just have to share this tidbit - haven't read it anywhere else:
    After reading this thread and being really annoyed because I realized from my 61 friends 24(!) haven't updated, I decided to get out the scissors (*tap* Very Happy )
    So I made a plan to check exactly who, whether they are helpers, if so, which lvl and type and who would proceed them. (spreadsheet-time again...) I decided to sent those I'm not sure if they are actually sleepers, a gift to see if I would get a Mystery one in return. If not -> *byebye*
    So they get a last time frame, because I know, some people do not have the possibility to update immediatly (vacations, work, place with crappy Internetconnections, all things I myself experienced...)

But one of them I decided to delete immediately,, as he was on top of that list for quite a while now, and guess what happened:
    I got my first ribbon of the "people person" achievement for _deleting_ someone rather than inviting! cheers Very Happy

@ MB
    As the next ribbon should be 10 friends - we will see if it works the other way too - I'll keep you posted, perhaps we should put it in the achievement spreadsheet Wink
    Mbstr8k
    Mbstr8k

Post  Mbstr8k Tue May 22, 2012 8:23 am

I earned my first ribbon that way, too. I deleted and then added a couple, not sure if it added up to 10 overall though. What would be interesting to see is our friends with over 1,000 deleting 500.....would they earn the 5th ribbon??

LaVentosa wrote:HA! Very Happy
    I just have to share this tidbit - haven't read it anywhere else:
    After reading this thread and being really annoyed because I realized from my 61 friends 24(!) haven't updated, I decided to get out the scissors (*tap* Very Happy )
    So I made a plan to check exactly who, whether they are helpers, if so, which lvl and type and who would proceed them. (spreadsheet-time again...) I decided to sent those I'm not sure if they are actually sleepers, a gift to see if I would get a Mystery one in return. If not -> *byebye*
    So they get a last time frame, because I know, some people do not have the possibility to update immediatly (vacations, work, place with crappy Internetconnections, all things I myself experienced...)

But one of them I decided to delete immediately,, as he was on top of that list for quite a while now, and guess what happened:
    I got my first ribbon of the "people person" achievement for _deleting_ someone rather than inviting! cheers Very Happy

@ MB
    As the next ribbon should be 10 friends - we will see if it works the other way too - I'll keep you posted, perhaps we should put it in the achievement spreadsheet Wink

Post  Guest Tue May 22, 2012 8:43 am

Deleting friends does not count towards the acheivement. I had 199 friends, deleted one and now the acheivement is down to 198. It's possible that the acheivement was already completed for you but wouldn't pop up until you managed your friends.

LaVentosa
    LaVentosa

Post  LaVentosa Tue May 22, 2012 8:56 am

Mbstr8k wrote:I earned my first ribbon that way, too. I deleted and then added a couple, not sure if it added up to 10 overall though. What would be interesting to see is our friends with over 1,000 deleting 500.....would they earn the 5th ribbon??
    mh. I just deleted another one.
    and: got the second ribbon.
    hilarious. I like it - getting rewarded for "cleaning house" Very Happy

@Brad: Yes. I think with each change the game just checks on the number of friends. I now have 58 friends, enough for stage 2, but not enough for stage 3, so the game just "caught up" prior. When I deleted the first, I just had enough (1) for the first ribbon etc.
    Trekker
    Trekker

Post  Trekker Tue May 22, 2012 8:57 am

That's weird, I don't think I got anything when I deleted mine. Unless the achievement went by so fast I didn't notice it. I did delete a bunch.
    Dazza JP
    Dazza JP

Friend Code : Secret
    MM Name : Dazza JP

Post  Dazza JP Tue May 22, 2012 9:26 am

I'm hoping that this happens when i get to 500, will just spend my time dropping below 500 and then going above again.
    engineer
    engineer

Post  engineer Tue May 22, 2012 10:35 am

LaVentosa wrote:

@Brad: Yes. I think with each change the game just checks on the number of friends. I now have 58 friends, enough for stage 2, but not enough for stage 3, so the game just "caught up" prior. When I deleted the first, I just had enough (1) for the first ribbon etc.
    Yep, this is true. I have over 500 friends, and I just worked my way through the ribbons by deleting 1 friend at a time. The game does just check the number of friends you have after each *change*. So, it doesn't matter how you change your number of friends to get the game to recognize it, but it DOES matter what the # is at the end of that change.

So, if you started with 1000 friends, you could either delete 5 or add 5 and you would get all 5 ribbons!
    Mooscrat
    Mooscrat

Friend Code : 5DFF1F
    MM Name : Mooscrat

Post  Mooscrat Wed May 23, 2012 3:16 pm

finally got our 500 friends chest...time for the great purge!

so excited. for anyone in the same boat...our plan is to delete first from inbetween the cycle of friends we most gift...hopefully getting everyone into one straight line of giftable love. efficiency...love it
    Dazza JP
    Dazza JP

Post  Dazza JP Thu May 24, 2012 12:42 pm

Can't wait till I hit 500, want to cut it back to my top 100 so it's easier to gift to those that gift to me.
    Mbstr8k
    Mbstr8k

Time to delete friends? - Page 2 Empty A different approach

Post  Mbstr8k Thu May 24, 2012 1:53 pm

Dazza JP wrote:Can't wait till I hit 500, want to cut it back to my top 100 so it's easier to gift to those that gift to me.

purpleding new friends who have not upgraded on purpose that way I don't have to worry about who I am purging later. :-) it will be slow to achieve the goal, but I think doable. I'll let you know.

Last edited by Mbstr8k on Fri May 25, 2012 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post  Guest Thu May 24, 2012 2:22 pm

Anyone know the trigger for new helpers? Three of mine I deleted in a purge on Sunday and they still haven't been replaced:(
    Trekker
    Trekker

Post  Trekker Thu May 24, 2012 2:29 pm

sfinley ibrahim wrote:Anyone know the trigger for new helpers? Three of mine I deleted in a purge on Sunday and they still haven't been replaced:(

I deleted 6 helpers and they were replaced immediately. You have to rescue them from rooms, but if you have a bunch of tips in the room, you may not see their yellow exclamation mark that points them out.
    LaVentosa
    LaVentosa

Post  LaVentosa Thu May 24, 2012 6:43 pm

sfinley ibrahim wrote:Anyone know the trigger for new helpers? Three of mine I deleted in a purge on Sunday and they still haven't been replaced:(
    I deleted two, and had to wait for about 2-3 room searches to get the new ones. The first was just suddenly floating about, the second I had to rescue.
    They are going to be there, Sara! Just mix them some Margaritas!
    Mooscrat
    Mooscrat

Post  Mooscrat Mon May 28, 2012 1:45 pm

Learned two things while syphoning the friend list... There is no rhyme or reason to the order of your friend list. But, the list when you visit friends' manors Is in order from your 1 st friend ever, to your last, as u have added them. So big kudus to raye! Our very 1st fried ever!!! Smile. Also the game bugged out and deleted some people I wanted to keep while tapping on the person just above or below in the list...so watch out for that!

If I deleted you, I assure in most cases it was a tough decision, I'm just trying to reorganize the people who we do business with the most into a straight line...no offense intended (yes someone really did pm me over this)

Cheers all
    karen_ni

MM Name : Karen

Post  karen_ni Mon May 28, 2012 7:42 pm

Mooscrat wrote:Learned two things while syphoning the friend list... There is no rhyme or reason to the order of your friend list. But, the list when you visit friends' manors Is in order from your 1 st friend ever, to your last, as u have added them. So big kudus to raye! Our very 1st fried ever!!! Smile. Also the game bugged out and deleted some people I wanted to keep while tapping on the person just above or below in the list...so watch out for that!

If I deleted you, I assure in most cases it was a tough decision, I'm just trying to reorganize the people who we do business with the most into a straight line...no offense intended (yes someone really did pm me over this)

Cheers all

I had the problem of the game deleting the wrong person too! The worst part is it won't let you add them back until 30 days have passed. I accidentally Very Happy deleted my husband!
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Friend Code : B15B06
    MM Name : rainkid

Post  Admin Mon May 28, 2012 10:20 pm

That's one way to deal with him!! Wink

You can tell him if he doesn't pamper you, you're not going to re-add him!
    Mbstr8k
    Mbstr8k

Post  Mbstr8k Mon May 28, 2012 10:50 pm

karen_ni wrote:
    Mooscrat wrote:Learned two things while syphoning the friend list... There is no rhyme or reason to the order of your friend list. But, the list when you visit friends' manors Is in order from your 1 st friend ever, to your last, as u have added them. So big kudus to raye! Our very 1st fried ever!!! Smile. Also the game bugged out and deleted some people I wanted to keep while tapping on the person just above or below in the list...so watch out for that!

Cheers all

I had the problem of the game deleting the wrong person too! The worst part is it won't let you add them back until 30 days have passed. I accidentally Very Happy deleted my husband!

Oops!

If you were the one to add him, is it possible for him to now add you? Or does deleting make it impossible to add back in either direction?
    karen_ni

MM Name : Karen

Post  karen_ni Wed May 30, 2012 9:16 pm

Mbstr8k wrote:
    karen_ni wrote:

Cheers all

Oops!

If you were the one to add him, is it possible for him to now add you? Or does deleting make it impossible to add back in either direction?

This actually happened a couple of months ago, shortly after I started playing the game. Neither of us were able to add each other back so we just had to wait it out and after 30 days, I was able to add him back. Talk about a pain in the butt! So, the answer is once you delete someone, it goes both ways but they can be added back after 30 days.
    Dazza JP
    Dazza JP

Post  Dazza JP Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:45 am

Mooscrat wrote:finally got our 500 friends chest...time for the great purge!

so excited. for anyone in the same boat...our plan is to delete first from inbetween the cycle of friends we most gift...hopefully getting everyone into one straight line of giftable love. efficiency...love it

Finally hit the 500 friends total, and achieved the 5th ribbon, so now I can whittle down my friends list to a manageable level.

Will keep some low level friends for sentimental reasons.
    Mooscrat
    Mooscrat

Post  Mooscrat Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:15 am

Some thing that I just noticed and it may help anyone trimming their friendliest....if u go into the gift screen in your manor, tap on collections, then pick a gift to send, the pop up screen where you choose a friend to send the gift to is in the same order that your friends are in when you visit them. Left to right, top to bottom. The first however many will be your helpers. Cheers
    LaVentosa
    LaVentosa

Post  LaVentosa Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:09 am

Mooscrat wrote:the pop up screen where you choose a friend to send the gift to is in the same order that your friends are in when you visit them. Left to right, top to bottom. The first however many will be your helpers. Cheers

right. I hadn't thought of that - it's the same Popup as when you ask a friends for a gift. That's makes strategic deleting definitely easier.
    whereisyellow

MM Name : whereisyellow

Post  whereisyellow Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:15 am

Mooscrat wrote:Some thing that I just noticed and it may help anyone trimming their friendliest....if u go into the gift screen in your manor, tap on collections, then pick a gift to send, the pop up screen where you choose a friend to send the gift to is in the same order that your friends are in when you visit them. Left to right, top to bottom. The first however many will be your helpers. Cheers

I was wondering if someone was going to mention this! I too recently discovered this (about a week ago), and was wondering when it would be mentioned. The 'friend' list for Request a Gift is also in this same order as the Give a Gift list.

Since the discovery I have found it useful to figure out what order my helpers are in, as one of them has not updated in a long time. I'm also using it to identify who my "upcoming" helpers might be (one more to get!) and determine the value of deleting one of my current helpers, who is still only 5% chance of finding an item after well over a month. I am not very methodical with my friends though (no spreadsheet yet), and I am thinking that I want to get the 500 friend award before I start cutting. I haven't used the friend synthesizer much, so I've been hovering around 280 for what seems like forever. Hopefully I can get in af few synthesizing sessions this week and be able to cull by the weekend.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:08 pm