MMUFF

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum

+16
lexp333
xxleslie
belle MM
zin
jesskerz
Demdike
PegWalt
Poppy
chrismmuff
Tara89
Skyler
Abemom2
llisamisa
Katyc
Murraymint11
someoneXYZ
20 posters

New update May 14 v1.21

belle MM
    belle MM

New update May 14 v1.21 - Page 2 Empty Re: New update May 14 v1.21

Post  belle MM Thu May 16, 2013 4:10 pm

chrismmuff wrote:
    Poppy wrote:
    chrismmuff wrote:The chest and keys keep dropping after you open the room. So here's the thing, gathering all the new collection items is easy, I already have multiples of everything. The hard part is getting the chargers! As far as I can tell the only way to get them is dropping in the new room. So far I haven't even gotten enough to charge one collection

Chris, what's the room like? Is it pretty? I keep getting chests way faster than I can get them open.

It's nice. It's a lot brighter, and there is a fireplace in the background instead of the cabinets. One of my friends described it as a "girlie" room, so I think you'll like it!

It is a nice room to look at and search....especially compared to the dark, gloomy red and black "new" room a.k.a. the hallway redone.
    xxleslie

New update May 14 v1.21 - Page 2 Empty Love this update!

Post  xxleslie Thu May 16, 2013 6:43 pm

I have to say, I'm loving this update. If you run a turtle, you get a key almost every time. Stocking up on special room keys is awesome, just wish it included the keys to get to boss not just the room keys. It's been a very long time since we had an update that makes me play every day. Most of the time I'm just requesting gifts and letting my energy recharge but I'm actually playing now because I have a reason to play!
    lexp333
    lexp333

Friend Code : PM me
    MM Name : lexp333

Post  lexp333 Sat May 18, 2013 1:01 am

I like that the chests help you get more keys to rooms, but it seems odd that you have to search for so few items in the mystical living room...anyone know why?
    paulinelhg
    paulinelhg

MM Name : Pauline

Post  paulinelhg Sat May 18, 2013 7:57 am

Saw there are chest that requires 4, 8 and 15 keys. Can someone enlighten me which is best chest to unlock or I should do all 3 ? Thanks
    belle MM
    belle MM

Post  belle MM Sat May 18, 2013 9:39 am

paulinelhg wrote:Saw there are chest that requires 4, 8 and 15 keys. Can someone enlighten me which is best chest to unlock or I should do all 3 ? Thanks

When you search the rooms, every chest you find requires 4 keys to open. Once you open one of those chests, you get some collection items, 30 keys for a random room, and another chest requiring the 8 keys to open. The new chest you received also gives collection items, maybe 60 keys to a random room (can't remember the exact amount), and a new chest requiring 15 keys top open. This last chest gives you an 8 hour time limit to collect keys to open and among other things, you get 120 keys for a random room.

So, in short, the more keys required to open the chest, the greater the reward. Also, the only way to get the higher chest is to open the lower ones first.

Hope this helps. :-)
    xxleslie

Post  xxleslie Sat May 18, 2013 9:47 am

paulinelhg wrote:Saw there are chest that requires 4, 8 and 15 keys. Can someone enlighten me which is best chest to unlock or I should do all 3 ? Thanks

You start by opening the bronze chest for 4 keys. When you open that, that triggers the silver chest. Once you open the silver chest before the timer counts down, it triggers the gold chest. The gold chest takes 15 keys to open and gives you the highest number of items.
    Kazk

Friend Code : 2fdb3c
    MM Name : KazK

Post  Kazk Sat May 18, 2013 9:33 pm

I'm loving the new room. I've found running a turtle gives me a chest and key every time. I've got plenty of tokens or keys to get in and search and the bonus is the keys you get for other rooms. I'd love more like this.
    Poppy
    Poppy

Friend Code : f5d84d
    MM Name : Knitwit

New update May 14 v1.21 - Page 2 Empty Charging Items for New Mystical Room

Post  Poppy Tue May 21, 2013 7:19 am

I couldn't locate the last post I read on this topic, but it was about obtaining the charging items that we cannot "ask friends" for and must buy. (For the Mystical Room collections).
    Has anyone heard any new news on this topic of concern? Col items are so easy to get.

I had a few charging items drop (or maybe from a chest, unsure) but lately nothing. Someone said that the gifting possibility may change with next update, but I think they did it on purpose, and doubt it will change. Lets talk about this. Any input appreciated. Have you charged a col? Did you buy chargers? flower

Edited by Skyler (Moderator) - Merged with previous discussion on topic.
    PegWalt

Friend Code : a4b306
    MM Name : PegWalt

New update May 14 v1.21 - Page 2 Empty new Chargers for 1.21 Update

Post  PegWalt Tue May 21, 2013 3:16 pm

Poppy wrote:I couldn't locate the last post I read on this topic, but it was about obtaining the charging items that we cannot "ask friends" for and must buy. (For the Mystical Room collections).
    Has anyone heard any new news on this topic of concern? Col items are so easy to get.

I had a few charging items drop (or maybe from a chest, unsure) but lately nothing. Someone said that the gifting possibility may change with next update, but I think they did it on purpose, and doubt it will change. Lets talk about this. Any input appreciated. Have you charged a col? Did you buy chargers? flower

Edited by Skyler (Moderator) - Merged with previous discussion on topic.

I wrote to GI to inquire why there is no Ask Friends button on the new chargers when it clearly states that you can ask a friend for them. Here is the response:

"As you can see yourself,the rewards for these collections are really great. So, it's self-explanatory that the requirements for charging are more difficult than for regular collections. Thus the option of asking friends to gift the chargers is missing, Please do not worry, the necessary chargers drop from searching the new Mystical Living Room, so there is still a chance to get them for free."

Three of the new chargers do drop in the new room on occasion. But the Complicated Mechanism charger is a different story. Running a Turtle and Cornucopia Artifact one will drop every 35th search at Expert Level only. Hence the name 'Complicated'!! So be prepared to practice your virtue of patience to the nth degree!
    Poppy
    Poppy

Post  Poppy Tue May 21, 2013 5:46 pm

Thank you Peg! Thanks for contacting GI for us and bearing the misery. That's a good answer. Really sums it all up.

I don't find the chargers drop from the room much at all, but GI says they do....
    I am sure we cannot trade chargers either. confused
    Mrs X
    Mrs X

MM Name : Mrs X

Post  Mrs X Tue May 21, 2013 10:29 pm

Hope everyone loves the new living room...based on current drop rates we should only have to search it 900-1000 times to collect enough chargers to charge each collection once, unless your inclined to spend 1,086 diamonds affraid
    paulinelhg
    paulinelhg

Post  paulinelhg Tue May 21, 2013 11:04 pm

sigh!!! I was actually excited by this new update and glad that finally there is a new room that is "Free" to play n not "Boss" type where you need expensive keys!!!

This is so like GI!!! All they want is money! With the Boss, it is upfront money. With this mystical living room, it is back end money!

If you want to charge to complete quest, to get the 'fantastic' rewards, you can search forever (due to their imbalance game play) or simply buy a chest! This is actually worst! cos i'll only find out much later, after collecting all the goodies and anticipating the reward!!!

Thank you Peg for sharing, you save me from much Anguish
    Kazk

Friend Code : 2fdb3c
    MM Name : KazK

Post  Kazk Wed May 22, 2013 1:43 am

I haven't charged these collections and have no intention of buying them! I have 2 of the complicated mechanisms so far so only one more to go before I can charge.

Gupfee
    Gupfee

Friend Code : e3f632
    MM Name : Gupfee

Post  Gupfee Mon May 27, 2013 4:31 pm

Is there any strategy to get what you want from the chests, or is it completely random? For instance, I've tried hitting the button as soon as the shards of zodiac appear in the box, but I always get something else. I'm getting too frustrated to see if there's a pattern! Thanks!
    Poppy
    Poppy

Post  Poppy Mon May 27, 2013 5:17 pm

I believe it is random. I want zodiac shatters too, but haven't received them yet.
    paulinelhg
    paulinelhg

Post  paulinelhg Mon May 27, 2013 9:42 pm

Hi there,

My experience is you get what comes next.

So I'll wait until I saw something I don't want n hit it. Gotten Zodiac crystals, selene room keys n yard boss keys too.

sometimes the keys repeat

good luck
    Poppy
    Poppy

Post  Poppy Tue May 28, 2013 4:13 am

Well, as one friend pointed out to me, she gets a lot of boss weapons from the new room. I noticed that myself. And it is a refreshing break from boss rooms!

I am NOT AT ALL happy with the charging situation though, and agree, it's was out of balance. Dare I say my opinion of GI...better not. Evil or Very Mad
    zin

Friend Code : c4cb33

Post  zin Tue May 28, 2013 5:01 am

Poppy wrote:Well, as one friend pointed out to me, she gets a lot of boss weapons from the new room. I noticed that myself. And it is a refreshing break from boss rooms!

I am NOT AT ALL happy with the charging situation though, and agree, it's was out of balance. Dare I say my opinion of GI...better not. Evil or Very Mad

I think I've gotten maybe 20 chargers in 500 room visits.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 9:25 pm