MMUFF

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum

+24
girlcreeture
pallhedge
paulinelhg
Katyc
chrismmuff
Sharbee
mlle. scarlett
Robster50
ParisGirl
Mrs X
A ipad
Caz
xx Vix xx
Sinclair
Kguerin
highlandlass
helian
xmilokittyx
Demdike
Pink451
slycreations
ThuyAn
belle MM
babenghiem
28 posters

Details to Christmas Event quests

A ipad

Friend Code : 6148dd

Details to Christmas Event quests - Page 2 Empty Re: Details to Christmas Event quests

Post  A ipad Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:05 pm

I got into the bunker once. If I go cure the general again do you get the quests for trading golden horseshoes for rocking horses and then 10 grain and carrots? Or is that a one time deal?
    babenghiem
    babenghiem

Friend Code : PM me

Details to Christmas Event quests - Page 2 Empty Re: Details to Christmas Event quests

Post  babenghiem Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:57 pm

A ipad wrote:I got into the bunker once. If I go cure the general again do you get the quests for trading golden horseshoes for rocking horses and then 10 grain and carrots? Or is that a one time deal?

It's a one time deal for the quests.
    Mrs X
    Mrs X

MM Name : Mrs X

Post  Mrs X Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:12 am

Kguerin wrote:Has anyone else had a problem with their bunker resetting to trainee mode after leveling up? First time i explored the bunker I leveled up to the next level, detective or whatever it is, and today when i opened it again to explore it was back to 0% trainee mode! AND when i got first place "healing the general" i didnt get any collection items!

Same thing happened to me...but I made it past detective level...used diamonds to buy a chest of keys. When I went back 0% trainee. Evil or Very Mad I've done it a couple of times since and it's been fine, but not giving up any more of my diamonds! I opened a ticket but have yet to hear anything.
    ParisGirl

Details to Christmas Event quests - Page 2 Empty Where to get collections 151 & 152?

Post  ParisGirl Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:03 pm

To collect the 4 new collections 5 time for the stock of general award I can't find items for collections 151 & 152. Two collections are from snatchins, two from the bunker but where are the items for the other two collections?
    babenghiem
    babenghiem

Post  babenghiem Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:54 pm

ParisGirl wrote:To collect the 4 new collections 5 time for the stock of general award I can't find items for collections 151 & 152. Two collections are from snatchins, two from the bunker but where are the items for the other two collections?

The others are from reward chest awarded when you cure the general. Depending on the rank you are, you will get different chest which gives random items to collection 151 & 152.
    Robster50

Friend Code : C710EC
    MM Name : Robster

Details to Christmas Event quests - Page 2 Empty Problems with Christmas Challenge

Post  Robster50 Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:58 pm

Hey folks, after charging the Vitamin collection as part of the Quest the rooms stopped dropping Swords and Medals. I can still get healing items from the Snowdolls and Ear-twitchers but I cannot trade with the Guards for Keys and Healing items. I am short 3 keys. Is there any way around this or do I have to just but the other 3 keys (if so how much are they?)
    Second, once you battle for the bunker do the medals start dropping again?
    slycreations
    slycreations

MM Name : slycreations

Post  slycreations Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:58 pm

Medals do drop on occasion. The drop rate is comparable to the drop rate for higher level monster banishing items like rolling pins.
    Glacial swords do not continue to drop.
    mlle. scarlett
    mlle. scarlett

MM Name : miss scarlett

Details to Christmas Event quests - Page 2 Empty Stock of general reward

Post  mlle. scarlett Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:49 pm

Does anyone know what the reward is for stock of general? Looks like a drum?
    babenghiem
    babenghiem

Post  babenghiem Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:31 am

mlle. scarlett wrote:Does anyone know what the reward is for stock of general? Looks like a drum?

I believe you are referring to the "Chest of Bunker Explorer"
    Details to Christmas Event quests - Page 2 Bunker11

highlandlass
    highlandlass

MM Name : highlandlass

Post  highlandlass Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:11 pm

ParisGirl wrote:To collect the 4 new collections 5 time for the stock of general award I can't find items for collections 151 & 152. Two collections are from snatchins, two from the bunker but where are the items for the other two collections?

I'm missing items from those collections too, I never had any of the new snatchins in my manor, hardly have any of the chocolate medals either as I used them as they came along (very infrequently!) in friends manors. I have hardly anything left to cure the boss and no keys to get into the bunker anyway.... Looks like I won't be completing those collections....

Incidentally I emailed GI today because I have lots of gaps in collections 101 - 112 - I must have started playing the game after those were done with. I emailed them to see if there was any chance of the quests being re-instated so I could complete those collections. They asked me to send screen shots of what was missing so I did and am now waiting for a further response... will keep you posted! I have no quests left so it would be really nice to fill in those gaps!
    Robster50

Friend Code : C710EC
    MM Name : Robster

Details to Christmas Event quests - Page 2 Empty Cost of Bunker Keys

Post  Robster50 Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:27 pm

Can anyone tell me what it costs to buy the Bunker Keys. I just cannot get the last one to drop from the Sacchin Guards and Chocolate Medals come so slow I am getting impatient
    highlandlass
    highlandlass

Post  highlandlass Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:56 pm

Robster50 wrote:Can anyone tell me what it costs to buy the Bunker Keys. I just cannot get the last one to drop from the Sacchin Guards and Chocolate Medals come so slow I am getting impatient

The bunker keys are 1 diamond each, and you need 5 to enter the bunker.
    babenghiem
    babenghiem

Post  babenghiem Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:16 pm

Last edited by babenghiem on Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
    highlandlass
    highlandlass

Post  highlandlass Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:04 pm

sunny

Last edited by highlandlass on Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Deleting post)
    highlandlass
    highlandlass

Post  highlandlass Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:02 pm

cat

Last edited by highlandlass on Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Deleting post)
    Sharbee

Details to Christmas Event quests - Page 2 Empty Keep on Topic!

Post  Sharbee Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:39 pm

I have the following Christmas event points & questions:

After Bagenheims first post about the order of the Christmas Event Quests, some brave people dove forth only to warn us not to progress to charging the Evil Snowman Collection before we had stocked up on Glacial Swords & Chocolate Medals, as Glacial Swords no longer drop & Chocolate Medals drop very rarely. Great. I feel really sorry but grateful for those intrepid early explorers!

I find Glacial Swords drop roughly 1/3 and chocolate medals 1/10 regardless of whether you use nothing at all, a simple clover, turtle or Artifact, or a combination. The only difference in drops I see is you get extra items using the higher level charms/artifacts obviously. In fact, I think I did better without any for swords/ medals. For the record, I used 168 swords to banish the Snoweleves/Vikings & Snowminators to progress the quest & to get almost 10 of every item for the Evil Snowman Collection, & that was with a Declaration of Indepence & Turtle running. Tight.

So, my questions are:

Once charged the Evil Snowman Collection, you get onto banishing the Knights/Guardsmen & can see the items which drop, eg. therflue & heartwarming ointment. These trades cost chocolate medals.

Then, I'm lead to believe, I have to banish Snatchins for medicines? is this directly after charging the Snowman? Or banishing a set amount of guards/knights? Is this then where the Plantain leaves come from? Do any of them drop Chocolate medals too? or does the room drops change to medals only?

What happens then?

I've been told that to then enter the Boss bunker, you need keys, which can be bought with ? Now is it Glacial Swords or Chocolate Medals? Or something else? Don't even mention Diamonds here, I don't have any.

And finally, what on earth do you do/use in the bunker trying to 'heal' the general? Should you use charms for a better success rate? How many items of whatever..? ...do you need?

I'd really appreciate it if someone could fill in the gaps here. Many of my friends have come unstuck by following the quest line too soon & I'd really like to help them out later with gifts etc., but I need to know a proper plan of attack (lol) & numbers!!

Thanks for any assistance. Very Happy

Last edited by Sharbee on Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Revised wording.)
    chrismmuff

Post  chrismmuff Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:47 pm

Sharbee wrote:Hmm, I thought I was on the Christmas Event Forum..so why am I reading through endless requotes @ posts about Valentines Day & Easter? If you want to discuss these Collections & Events, please look for the relevant forums or do so in ChitChat.

Hmmmm, I think I have another idea- why don't you stop being such an a$$hole and then maybe people will actually help you out! I finished the new quests in I think 2 days, and have enough left over collection items to do it all again if GI allowed. So could I help you out? Clearly! Will I? Not gonna happen!
    Demdike

Friend Code : 98b826
    MM Name : Demdike

Post  Demdike Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:18 pm

You need the jaggedy swords which drop from the knight and guardsman 5 in total to summon the boss. To heal the general you need 3000 points in 2 hrs, the ointments to heal have a cash register next to them which gives you the points, 300 is the highest. You can only use 10 items in total. Then you need standards as keys, dependant on level thats 10, 15, 20 haven't got further than that level. These drop from the knight and guardsman too. You get 2 hrs in the bunker so collect as many standards as you can first otherwise they're one diamond each.
    Sharbee

Post  Sharbee Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:46 pm

chrismmuff wrote:
    Sharbee wrote:Hmm, I thought I was on the Christmas Event Forum..so why am I reading through endless requotes @ posts about Valentines Day & Easter? If you want to discuss these Collections & Events, please look for the relevant forums or do so in ChitChat.

Hmmmm, I think I have another idea- why don't you stop being such an a$$hole and then maybe people will actually help you out! I finished the new quests in I think 2 days, and have enough left over collection items to do it all again if GI allowed. So could I help you out? Clearly! Will I? Not gonna happen!

Whoa, I thought that was the whole point of having Forum Topics lol!

Thanks Demdike for the useful information about the Christmas Boss & what items I'll need to get in there. Very Happy But how do you fight him together? I've no idea what to do. Do you take it in turns or what? And how do you select a weapon to attack etc? Is it like a room search? Sorry for my ignorance, but I have never been in a Boss Battle before.
    babenghiem
    babenghiem

Post  babenghiem Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:30 am

Sharbee wrote:Thanks Demdike for the useful information about the Christmas Boss & what items I'll need to get in there. Very Happy But how do you fight him together? I've no idea what to do. Do you take it in turns or what? And how do you select a weapon to attack etc? Is it like a room search? Sorry for my ignorance, but I have never been in a Boss Battle before.

Have you fight the boss from the Crypt room? If so, the bunker works the same way...I'm guessing you haven't...

After opening bunker with 5 keys you can either join or start a new battle. You get 6 hours to weaken the boss who has a total of 3000 exp. You weaken the boss but curing him with medication (items from the vitaminion cup collection). You get to do 10 healing total and each type of medication does different damages. So depending on what you have available you can either in invite friends to help you or do it alone. If you invite friends, they also need to pay 5 keys to open the bunker before joining your battle. There is no need to take turns so you can put all 10 in at once or put some in and wait for more friends to join and they help you finish up the boss.

The damages are as follows:
    Syrup Encouragin - heals 50 (can be purchase with coins during battle)
    Anti Sweet Stickin - heals 100 (can be purchase with coins during battle)
    Powder Teraflu - heals 150 (can be purchase with coins during battle)
    Leaves of Plantain - heals 200 (can be purchase with diamonds during battle)
    Heart Warming Ointment - heals 300 (can be purchase with diamonds during battle)

So if you wanna cure the general yourself you will need 10 heart warming ointment as 10 x 300 = 3000. But say you don't have 10, you can putt in whatever and invite friends to join and help. Keep in mind that you can't invite more people nor can anyone you've already invited join if he has less then 2700 exp left.

Once the boss is killed, you will get a chest depending on your ranking. The chest will give you snatchin standards, which you need to explore the room with as well as a few other goodies. The room will then open up for 2 hours for you to explore.

After 2 hours the room will close and you will have to pay another 5 keys to open the bunker and the boss battle cycles all ove again.

Demdike

Friend Code : 98b826
    MM Name : Demdike

Post  Demdike Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:59 am

I've been informed that if you put in over half (1500) points no one else can join except the people that already have. You get the option once the general has been summoned to invite people to your battle, to join whichever battle is in progress or you can exit then join one you've been invited to from your wall.

It's a good idea to speak to friends via your wall before you commence. I've been caught out twice by joining a battle and the original invitee has put no weapons in at all!

The highest 3 that finish off the general each get a chest containing collection items, the higher points scorers getting the better ones.

Thanks for correcting the battle time Babengheim. Goldfish memory lol.

There's a time limit on the ointments too. If you put in the highest one you have to wait 30 mins before you can use it again. The lowest ones take longer than the battle lasts to recharge.
    Sharbee

Post  Sharbee Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:43 am

Thank you both very much for that, really useful to know. Forewarned is forearmed & all that Smile

So then, if there's 3 of you, you could essentially take turns to do the most healing & so ensure each of you gets the top reward?
    Is there a limit on how many people can join? Say, if there were 10 people, you could all hit him once max and he'd be healed?
    So many questions! I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and find out!

Thanks again for the info Smile A great help & very much appreciated.
    Katyc

MM Name : katyc

Post  Katyc Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:58 am

Hi Sharbee,

I just had a look at your healing collection items - you're not quite ready yet! But when you are, I'll battle/heal with you:)
    You only have the first two healers (which are the least powerful and have longer time limits) and you can only use a total of 10. The powder, which is the third healer has a time limit of 30 mins. The plantain and ointment (nos. 4 & 5) don't have any time limit but again you only have a total of 10 hits.
    As far as I'm aware, you can only get the ointment (best healer) by exchanging the chocolate medals with the snatchin guard or buying for 3 diamonds. The others you can also get by banishing snowdoll and ear twisting snatchins (sorry if I'm repeating others).
    If you all wanted to come joint first, you need to make sure you have the correct number of healers - my Maths is shocking;) to all get the 1,000 points.

Anyway, you need to stock up first as once you upgrade the bunker then the time starts, and like someone else said don't join an existing battle, arrange a time with friends and start your own. Let me know when you're ready and I'll join:)

katyc
    Sharbee

Post  Sharbee Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:27 pm

Thank you Katy for your kindness.

My confusion was primarily over the Glacial Swords and (lack of) Chocolate medals, which people were telling me I needed to access & use for the Bunker. I now realise that the 'Glacial' Swords have no purpose other than to collect the basic first 2 heal items & amass the Broken Christmas Decorations need to complete the Evil Snowman collection. I have been holding back on quest progression until I figured that out, as, quite rightly, people said the Glacial Swords didn't drop after charging it.

I now realise that the Keys needed (the swords/knives people spoke about) are completely different! Without blathering on, here is a useful link, which I hope will help any other worryworts like myself! I will move forwards on the quest string now.

http://mmipadfunpage.com/the-rooms/the-generals-bunker/

I freely admit I have moments when 'The lights are on but nobody's home!' confused drunken

Last edited by Sharbee on Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo correction)
    highlandlass
    highlandlass

Post  highlandlass Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:28 pm

flower

Last edited by highlandlass on Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Deleting post)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:15 am