MMUFF

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum

5 posters

Anyone got Flippers and/or Diver's Mask unlocked?

Waterkitsune

Friend Code : 89f11d
    MM Name : Midnight

Anyone got Flippers and/or Diver's Mask unlocked? Empty Anyone got Flippers and/or Diver's Mask unlocked?

Post  Waterkitsune Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:22 pm

I noticed for the Swimming Season event that you need to charge the Swimming collections with Shells, Chaise longue, Flippers, and Diver's mask. The only problem is, Flippers require lvl 99 to send and Diver's mask requires lvl 199 to send! Mad

About a few weeks ago, these items were in my gifts tab but I didn't unlock them...I'm kicking myself now for not unlocking them, since most of my neighbours are requesting me to send these items when I can't. Crying or Very sad

Anyone out there has those items unlocked already or at least the level to send them??
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Friend Code : B15B06
    MM Name : rainkid

Anyone got Flippers and/or Diver's Mask unlocked? Empty Re: Anyone got Flippers and/or Diver's Mask unlocked?

Post  Admin Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:36 pm

Hah! The same happened to me. I saw the flippers on my list, then thought to myself 'Nobody ever request that items!'

Oh well.. Neutral
    Waterkitsune

Anyone got Flippers and/or Diver's Mask unlocked? Empty Re: Anyone got Flippers and/or Diver's Mask unlocked?

Post  Waterkitsune Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:45 pm

I also noticed that some people are able to request the beach chest from friends on their walls...I have no idea how they do it, though. Neutral
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:08 am

Do you mean the Chaise Lounge? Not sure what the 'beach chest' item is.
    Waterkitsune

Post  Waterkitsune Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:08 am

Admin wrote:Do you mean the Chaise Lounge? Not sure what the 'beach chest' item is.

Nope, I do mean 'beach chest'. It's the last item listed when you click on the rescuer/bather-girl.

Just realized that you get the chest by banishing them first THEN send the chest (looks like a beach bag) to a friend to open it. go figure Rolling Eyes
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:12 am

Oh wow.. I have 5 of them and didn't even know it. Thanks! Very Happy

So.. here's how it works: when you get one, you will find it in the Chest section of your inventory. When you use it, you pick a friend from your list. That person will receive a random Collection item.

(Thanks Jill! I got a Scottish Fold cat from you!)
    engineer
    engineer

Post  engineer Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:58 am

Admin wrote:Oh wow.. I have 5 of them and didn't even know it. Thanks! Very Happy

So.. here's how it works: when you get one, you will find it in the Chest section of your inventory. When you use it, you pick a friend from your list. That person will receive a random Collection item.

(Thanks Jill! I got a Scottish Fold cat from you!)

Is this the blue and white striped tote? If so, then I don't think that's how it works... Or is there another item you need a friend to help open?
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:16 pm

That was my impression of it.

I've been receiving random collection items from people who don't even have those collection items. When I use the beach chest, it does ask me to pick a friend. I assume they get an item out of it.

engineer
    engineer

Post  engineer Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:10 pm

Admin wrote:That was my impression of it.

I've been receiving random collection items from people who don't even have those collection items. When I use the beach chest, it does ask me to pick a friend. I assume they get an item out of it.

I've sent out a few of these, and received requests too. I believe what happens is the "send to a friend" option actually sends a request to their wall for the item. When your friend hits "Gift" on their wall, they return the beach tote to you, and you get a collection item from one of the beach collections. So your friend just helps you open it, they don't actually take any items from you.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:13 pm

Ahhh.. that makes sense, and likely to be correct.
    engineer
    engineer

Post  engineer Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:27 pm

Admin wrote:Ahhh.. that makes sense, and likely to be correct.

I think you just have nice friends who have been sending you things Smile
    Mbstr8k
    Mbstr8k

MM Name : Charlotte

Post  Mbstr8k Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:57 am

So frustrated! Just finished using my swimsuit collection charms and tried to get all the masks and divers I could. It ran out and I am shy of one set of flippers to charge! Aarrgghh! BUT I do have a lovely wardrobe of bathing suits.....I wonder if they are all the same size? It is a good thing I live at the beach! Smile
    Mbstr8k
    Mbstr8k

MM Name : Charlotte

Post  Mbstr8k Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:08 am

engineer wrote:
    Admin wrote:That was my impression of it.

I've sent out a few of these, and received requests too. I believe what happens is the "send to a friend" option actually sends a request to their wall for the item. When your friend hits "Gift" on their wall, they return the beach tote to you, and you get a collection item from one of the beach collections. So your friend just helps you open it, they don't actually take any items from you.

Do you know does this count against your friend's daily gift giving? Also, do you forewarn your friend to send it back? I'm not sure they know the beach bag info. I have 3 and don't want to waste them....:-)
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:11 am

Use all your beach bags. Give them to friends you know plays frequently.

They receive the bag, and when they use it, they get an item. You receive a bag in return, and you get an item.

The beach bags are only lost if you send them to players who don't play.

sjwriter

Friend Code : 3965f8

Post  sjwriter Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:16 pm

My impression is that I get coins instead of an item when I help to open the beach chest of other friends.

And it says for opening the chest, we can choose to ask a friend for help or pay 1 diamond. Does that make a difference in the item to be received?
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:22 pm

sjwriter wrote:My impression is that I get coins instead of an item when I help to open the beach chest of other friends.

And it says for opening the chest, we can choose to ask a friend for help or pay 1 diamond. Does that make a difference in the item to be received?

I have opened beach chests from my wall and have gotten items (volleyball and surfing, if I remember correctly). It seems like the chance is lower, but you can definitely get items.

I have also paid the 1 diamond to open the chest myself 3 times. It made no difference in the items I attained. I think the diamond option is there so that you do not have to take the risk of sending the chest to a player who will not open it.
    sjwriter

Friend Code : 3965f8

Post  sjwriter Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:28 pm

I see, thanks. Will have a try on that when I receive a beach chest again.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:31 am