MMUFF

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum

2 posters

Tips for Loaning?

jill4444
    jill4444

Friend Code : c9e5ac
    MM Name : JillyG

Tips for Loaning? Empty Tips for Loaning?

Post  jill4444 Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:51 pm

Hi all!

I've heard of people "loaning" items to help complete quests? How does this work? Do you just gift the collection item to your friend of choice and once the quest is over your friend sends it back? A coupe other thoughts/questions:

1) Aren't you limited to loaning one item? I thought I've heard people talking about loaning 5 ikebanas, but I'm not sure how that would have worked...

2) Aren't you also limited by the 10 collection item sending limit per day?

Perhaps loaning worked better before the 1.10 update? Just trying to understand how it works before trying it out Smile Appreciate any tips from the MMUFF world!

Thanks!
    Jill
    Mbstr8k
    Mbstr8k

MM Name : Charlotte

Tips for Loaning? Empty Re: Tips for Loaning?

Post  Mbstr8k Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:51 pm

jill4444 wrote:Hi all!

I've heard of people "loaning" items to help complete quests? How does this work? Do you just gift the collection item to your friend of choice and once the quest is over your friend sends it back? A coupe other thoughts/questions:

1) Aren't you limited to loaning one item? I thought I've heard people talking about loaning 5 ikebanas, but I'm not sure how that would have worked...

Perhaps loaning worked better before the 1.10 update? Just trying to understand how it works before trying it out Smile Appreciate any tips from the MMUFF world!

Thanks!
    Jill

Jill,
    Here's how handled requesting a loan. I approached a friend who I knew more than just via wall requests. (There is definitely some trust involved.) I would tell them what quest I was on and ask if I could borrow the item and then return it at soon as I was finished with the quest. Usually that is all there is to it.

Make sure you keep track of who you borrow something from and return it promptly. If it takes you awhile to get all the items needed, you can send a note to say that you still remember that you have the item on loan, so they don't think you've forgotten.

Of course, you could offer to loan them something in the future...or just make an outright trade for the item as well.

Before asking to borrow something, be sure you can return it though. There are some quests that will take away your mini-collection after you gathered all the items. The 50 monkey quest is one of them.

You are limited to the 10 collection items a day to gift, so be sure you leave spots so you can return your items. Depending on the qty. you've borrowed, it may take a few days to return them all -- especially if one person lent you several. We all have the same limit, so we all understand how long it may take to get back.

Someone could send you multiples of the item you need to borrow, but only if they reset their collection gift wall with diamonds. It used to be via multi-gifting. You could return more by resetting your gift wall as well.

With all the multi-gifting that was going on, not much loaning or trading was happening. I think this latest update has brought back both of those activities. Very Happy

Wordy -- but I hope this helps!

jill4444
    jill4444

Friend Code : c9e5ac
    MM Name : JillyG

Post  jill4444 Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:29 am

Mbstr8k wrote:
    jill4444 wrote:Hi all!

Thanks!
    Jill

Jill,
    Here's how handled requesting a loan. I approached a friend who I knew more than just via wall requests. (There is definitely some trust involved.) I would tell them what quest I was on and ask if I could borrow the item and then return it at soon as I was finished with the quest. Usually that is all there is to it.

Make sure you keep track of who you borrow something from and return it promptly. If it takes you awhile to get all the items needed, you can send a note to say that you still remember that you have the item on loan, so they don't think you've forgotten.

Of course, you could offer to loan them something in the future...or just make an outright trade for the item as well.

Before asking to borrow something, be sure you can return it though. There are some quests that will take away your mini-collection after you gathered all the items. The 50 monkey quest is one of them.

You are limited to the 10 collection items a day to gift, so be sure you leave spots so you can return your items. Depending on the qty. you've borrowed, it may take a few days to return them all -- especially if one person lent you several. We all have the same limit, so we all understand how long it may take to get back.

Someone could send you multiples of the item you need to borrow, but only if they reset their collection gift wall with diamonds. It used to be via multi-gifting. You could return more by resetting your gift wall as well.

With all the multi-gifting that was going on, not much loaning or trading was happening. I think this latest update has brought back both of those activities. Very Happy

Wordy -- but I hope this helps!

Hi there!

Thanks for the tips. So far have just been trading, but was curious how loaning worked. Honestly I'm a bit nervous loaning since I don't really know what quests remove the items. I'll probably stick to trading for now, but will be sure to follow what you outlined when I do start dabbling in loaning Smile

Thanks again for helpful info!
    J

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:14 pm