Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum


    Samurai sandals

    Share
    avatar
    engineer

    Posts : 284
    Points : 2382
    Reputation : 25
    Join date : 2012-03-07

    Samurai sandals

    Post  engineer on Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:06 pm

    This may be a stupid question, but I have the quest to find the samurai sandals "somewhere in the manor". I think I've searched every room several times and I can't find them. Does anybody know where they are? Thanks for the help.
    avatar
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 969
    Points : 3142
    Reputation : 31
    Join date : 2012-03-03
    Friend Code : B15B06
    MM Name : rainkid

    Re: Samurai sandals

    Post  Admin on Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:08 pm

    engineer wrote:This may be a stupid question, but I have the quest to find the samurai sandals "somewhere in the manor". I think I've searched every room several times and I can't find them. Does anybody know where they are? Thanks for the help.

    I, too, could not find it even after exploring all the rooms multiple times. I put it on my wishlist, and within 12 hours, someone sent me one. I thanked the other player, who never asked for anything else back. What a Face
    avatar
    engineer

    Posts : 284
    Points : 2382
    Reputation : 25
    Join date : 2012-03-07

    Re: Samurai sandals

    Post  engineer on Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:24 pm

    Admin wrote:
    engineer wrote:This may be a stupid question, but I have the quest to find the samurai sandals "somewhere in the manor". I think I've searched every room several times and I can't find them. Does anybody know where they are? Thanks for the help.

    I, too, could not find it even after exploring all the rooms multiple times. I put it on my wishlist, and within 12 hours, someone sent me one. I thanked the other player, who never asked for anything else back. What a Face

    Hmm well that doesn't help much Razz I guess I could do the same. I'm wondering whether it depends on your level in one of the rooms and you have to explore it more times in order for the item to show up...

    slfranci

    Posts : 33
    Points : 2083
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-03-13

    Re: Samurai sandals

    Post  slfranci on Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:49 pm

    I still have this one on my list of quests, too. It's been there for at least a week, and that's a pretty long time for a quest requiring a single item. If you do find them, would you post which room and at which experience level within that room? If I find them, I'll do the same.

    Thanks!

    sjwriter

    Posts : 37
    Points : 2093
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-03-06
    Friend Code : 3965f8

    Re: Samurai sandals

    Post  sjwriter on Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:25 pm

    Samurai sandals should be found in the Japanese room. Can't remember exactly which level but possibly not expert.

    I found this item (3 times) before that quest comes. It is possibly by the design of the game that the chance of getting an item will be changed when there is a quest for it... This quest does not deduct the item from inventory anyway, so I guess you possibly can borrow it from a friend, like what others do for the Lover's Ikebana.
    avatar
    engineer

    Posts : 284
    Points : 2382
    Reputation : 25
    Join date : 2012-03-07

    Re: Samurai sandals

    Post  engineer on Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:00 am

    sjwriter wrote:Samurai sandals should be found in the Japanese room. Can't remember exactly which level but possibly not expert.

    I found this item (3 times) before that quest comes. It is possibly by the design of the game that the chance of getting an item will be changed when there is a quest for it... This quest does not deduct the item from inventory anyway, so I guess you possibly can borrow it from a friend, like what others do for the Lover's Ikebana.

    Yeah I've searched the japanese room about a million times now, and am on expert level. I've had the quest for over a week and still haven't found it. I guess I'll just keep on doing what I'm doing...

    slfranci

    Posts : 33
    Points : 2083
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-03-13

    Re: Samurai sandals

    Post  slfranci on Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:22 am

    I gave up and put it on my wish list yesterday, and someone gifted it to me last night.

    You might give that a try. Wink It was a relief to be able to move on to a new quest!
    avatar
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 969
    Points : 3142
    Reputation : 31
    Join date : 2012-03-03
    Friend Code : B15B06
    MM Name : rainkid

    Re: Samurai sandals

    Post  Admin on Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:36 am

    Just as a general strategy, I always put collection items I need for quests in my wishlist. You'll be surprised at how often people gift them to you.
    avatar
    engineer

    Posts : 284
    Points : 2382
    Reputation : 25
    Join date : 2012-03-07

    Re: Samurai sandals

    Post  engineer on Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:04 am

    slfranci wrote:I gave up and put it on my wish list yesterday, and someone gifted it to me last night.

    You might give that a try. Wink It was a relief to be able to move on to a new quest!

    Mine's been on my wishlist for a while now too, but I haven't been as lucky! I'm looking for friends who would be willing to trade, too.
    avatar
    engineer

    Posts : 284
    Points : 2382
    Reputation : 25
    Join date : 2012-03-07

    Re: Samurai sandals

    Post  engineer on Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:58 pm

    I just got the sandals from a friend, so I don't have to find them for a quest any more. Still no idea when they were supposed to drop, but some people must be getting a lot of them if they're gifting them!
    avatar
    LaVentosa

    Posts : 363
    Points : 2411
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2012-04-11
    Friend Code : 0e337f
    MM Name : LaVentosa

    Re: Samurai sandals

    Post  LaVentosa on Thu May 10, 2012 2:45 pm

    Where ARE those stupid sandals really? I almost plowed the garden with my Turtle yesterday - nothing. It really seems, you have to get them before you get the quest, or the game won't give them to you. I've had them on my whislist for a time now, but I think I'll have to go "hunting", too Wink
    avatar
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 969
    Points : 3142
    Reputation : 31
    Join date : 2012-03-03
    Friend Code : B15B06
    MM Name : rainkid

    Re: Samurai sandals

    Post  Admin on Fri May 11, 2012 12:06 am

    LaVentosa wrote:Where ARE those stupid sandals really? I almost plowed the garden with my Turtle yesterday - nothing. It really seems, you have to get them before you get the quest, or the game won't give them to you. I've had them on my whislist for a time now, but I think I'll have to go "hunting", too Wink

    You can always get that sandal in Expert mode regardless of whether you have the quest or not. I've gotten a few by searching.
    avatar
    engineer

    Posts : 284
    Points : 2382
    Reputation : 25
    Join date : 2012-03-07

    Re: Samurai sandals

    Post  engineer on Fri May 11, 2012 10:36 am

    Admin wrote:
    LaVentosa wrote:Where ARE those stupid sandals really? I almost plowed the garden with my Turtle yesterday - nothing. It really seems, you have to get them before you get the quest, or the game won't give them to you. I've had them on my whislist for a time now, but I think I'll have to go "hunting", too Wink

    You can always get that sandal in Expert mode regardless of whether you have the quest or not. I've gotten a few by searching.

    Yep, I have to. I think the secret is to just be on Expert mode, which I don't think I was when I had that quest...
    avatar
    LaVentosa

    Posts : 363
    Points : 2411
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2012-04-11
    Friend Code : 0e337f
    MM Name : LaVentosa

    Re: Samurai sandals

    Post  LaVentosa on Fri May 11, 2012 3:01 pm

    Admin wrote:You can always get that sandal in Expert mode regardless of whether you have the quest or not. I've gotten a few by searching.

    Well. Duh. What a Face
    I am in Expert mode. No sandals. Ah, never mind. The next TurtleTour has to have a goal Wink until then, the Samurai has to go barefoot. Very Happy
    avatar
    LaneyK

    Posts : 31
    Points : 2084
    Reputation : 10
    Join date : 2012-04-20
    Friend Code : F2EC02
    MM Name : LaneyK

    Re: Samurai sandals

    Post  LaneyK on Fri May 11, 2012 4:07 pm

    I have a spare pair if you want them, I can't add you as I already tried a few weeks ago but the request got declined, but you might be able to add me.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Samurai sandals

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:16 pm