MMUFF

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum

+40
Syara
jill4444
Rthurits
Avis
Connie-pia
brenda(Doglover)
NativeGramma
EsmereldaF
Victoria
LorianLost
Amanda
brasil
ycul
gherkinkhan
Savannah123
jesskerz
Mooscrat
gemfinder
warm10
Cajamina
tagsousa
Mbstr8k
Lynne1000
truperduper
summerville
Dazza JP
PegWalt
LaVentosa
GraceMarie
Admin
AllisonPJ
Camille
pianofingers
LaneyK
engineer
JenMomma5476
Rik
Melinda
Bettsy
Soozicle
44 posters

Now that we know where you're from

Cajamina
    Cajamina

Friend Code : 9f1147
    MM Name : Cajamina

Now that we know where you're from - Page 2 Empty Re: Now that we know where you're from

Post  Cajamina Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:18 am

I will be 40 next month affraid
    warm10

Friend Code : 8a5839
    MM Name : Warm10

Now that we know where you're from - Page 2 Empty Re: Now that we know where you're from

Post  warm10 Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:49 am

46,female. And completely addicted to this game. My husband has hidden my iPad on several occasions. Also an avid,,,, not good, love to play golf.
    gemfinder
    gemfinder

Post  gemfinder Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:28 am

Wow - I thought I was the only 40-something male on here but clearly I'm in good company! I'll be 49 in October but still think I'm a teenager - and as my 3 sons think I am addicted to this game (which I confess that I am!) - maybe I should be pleased that I don't act my age.
    Mooscrat
    Mooscrat

Friend Code : 5DFF1F
    MM Name : Mooscrat

Post  Mooscrat Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:38 am

We are the 30ish couple. Sometimes I wonder if we are all compensating for a lack of highlights magazines in our early years Smile))

However I'm a big fan of amazingly bad wall puns referencing WL items, fiends who admit they lime lifetime movies, and the general absurdity of collecting digital images scandalously! Er I mean....nothing, nothing going on here...

Did you say snacks...um...

Mooscrat
    Mooscrat

Post  Mooscrat Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:42 am

And soozi, I grew up rocking the text based games Wink... Ah nostalgia. However without them, no way could I type like I can today...
    jesskerz
    jesskerz

Friend Code : 6cc87e
    MM Name : jesskerz

Now that we know where you're from - Page 2 Empty Almost

Post  jesskerz Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:55 am

Hey guys, I'm 28 Smile and I'm addicted to mystery games! Shocked

Post  Guest Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:58 am

Soozicle wrote:Well I have been a "text based game" gamer since before "gamer" was a word, but I suck at and get incredibly frustrated with even 15 year old adventure games. Remember in the movie BIG where at the beginning Josh (as a child) was playing a computer game that was asking him what he wanted to do next? http://www.bomtoons.com/biggame.html I played an even more primitive version of that type of game back in those days!!! At the time ours was the only house I knew of that had a "computer" of all my friends. Can you believe how far we've come?? Did we ever really believe that the kid-with-awesome-technology movies from the 80's would ever come true, much less come much closer to Star Trek technology, in our life times?!?! Some times I can't believe this "tablet" I carry around with me is actually a micro computer/communication device/gaming console/Recipe book/atlas/self contained mobile library/shopping mechanism/1000 other things... When you stop and think about it, all this stuff the kids these days take for granted, it really is awesome! But then I did walk barefoot up hill to school in the snow, both ways. afro

I was the first of my friends to have a computer as well. I had the original "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego" that you had to use a real book to find the answers to be able to play! My friends hated it because they said it was too much work, but being the bookworm that I am I totally rocked that game;)
    Savannah123
    Savannah123

Friend Code : By Inv

Post  Savannah123 Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:29 am

Hi everyone, from Austin, Texas first video game was PONG, yeah I'm 52 this year! Love MM when it is working, fits with my ADHD very nicely bounce
    The last set of quest was crazy busy, but for the most part I enjoyed the chaos!! Laughing
    GI would have won more people over if they didn't time the event, but from what I've seen posted they are going to run it every full moon!

Has anyone else noticed the drop rate from rooms has fallen into the abyss? Got a mobuis bow only from a room while running the turtle Evil or Very Mad What is up with that?
    Savannah123
    Savannah123

Friend Code : By Inv

Post  Savannah123 Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:31 am

Oh yeah the picture of me is from my old school yearbook!! Shocked Shocked
    Soozicle
    Soozicle

Post  Soozicle Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:55 pm

Savannah123 wrote:Hi everyone, from Austin, Texas first video game was PONG, yeah I'm 52 this year! Love MM when it is working, fits with my ADHD very nicely bounce
    The last set of quest was crazy busy, but for the most part I enjoyed the chaos!! Laughing
    GI would have won more people over if they didn't time the event, but from what I've seen posted they are going to run it every full moon!

Has anyone else noticed the drop rate from rooms has fallen into the abyss? Got a mobuis bow only from a room while running the turtle Evil or Very Mad What is up with that?

Yeah, I have, and it's really crappy timing for me. I'm stuck on the robot quest needing elebinty million oil cans and can't find them, and just got a quest needing 10 banana guns but after exploring five or six rooms I didn't get a single one! Maybe they're punishing us for finding loopholes Sad
    gherkinkhan

Post  gherkinkhan Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:00 pm

Soozicle wrote:
    Savannah123 wrote:Hi everyone, from Austin, Texas first video game was PONG, yeah I'm 52 this year! Love MM when it is working, fits with my ADHD very nicely bounce

Yeah, I have, and it's really crappy timing for me. I'm stuck on the robot quest needing elebinty million oil cans and can't find them, and just got a quest needing 10 banana guns but after exploring five or six rooms I didn't get a single one! Maybe they're punishing us for finding loopholes Sad

I'm seeing the same even with the turtle drops are 2 or 3 items which used to be a lot more. Sad
    Camille
    Camille

Friend Code : Ask me
    MM Name : ....

Post  Camille Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:44 pm

sfinley ibrahim wrote:
    Soozicle wrote:Well I have been a "text based game" gamer since before "gamer" was a word, but I suck at and get incredibly frustrated with even 15 year old adventure games. Remember in the movie BIG where at the beginning Josh (as a child) was playing a computer game that was asking him what he wanted to do next? http://www.bomtoons.com/biggame.html I played an even more primitive version of that type of game back in those days!!! At the time ours was the only house I knew of that had a "computer" of all my friends. Can you believe how far we've come?? Did we ever really believe that the kid-with-awesome-technology movies from the 80's would ever come true, much less come much closer to Star Trek technology, in our life times?!?! Some times I can't believe this "tablet" I carry around with me is actually a micro computer/communication device/gaming console/Recipe book/atlas/self contained mobile library/shopping mechanism/1000 other things... When you stop and think about it, all this stuff the kids these days take for granted, it really is awesome! But then I did walk barefoot up hill to school in the snow, both ways. afro

I was the first of my friends to have a computer as well. I had the original "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego" that you had to use a real book to find the answers to be able to play! My friends hated it because they said it was too much work, but being the bookworm that I am I totally rocked that game;)
    I had and loved that game too. There was another game using a book, not sure if it was Carmen, that my sister had. I also loved The Colonel's Bequest: a Laura Bow Mystery. Thinking about it that game is pretty similar to MM.
    Soozicle
    Soozicle

Post  Soozicle Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:16 pm

CamilleMM wrote:
    I had and loved that game too. There was another game using a book, not sure if it was Carmen, that my sister had. I also loved The Colonel's Bequest: a Laura Bow Mystery. Thinking about it that game is pretty similar to MM. [/quote]

The text game I played was Madness and the Minotaur. You can still find TRS80 simulators online with it loaded to play!! I get just as frustrated with it now as I did back then... lol
    ycul
    ycul

MM Name : ycul

Post  ycul Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:07 pm

My first video game was Monsters Inc. Mikes big adventure. I used to play with my son when he was little. Kind of like MM for the toddler set!
    brasil

MM Name : brasil

Post  brasil Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:08 am

:O im a baby! haha 22 years! Smile))
    Amanda
    Amanda

MM Name : Amanda

Post  Amanda Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:08 am

I'm 25 in Cali and I'm a MM addict.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Friend Code : B15B06
    MM Name : rainkid

Post  Admin Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:51 pm

My very first video game was... Super Mario Bros.
    And the rest, as they say, is history!
    Camille
    Camille

Friend Code : Ask me
    MM Name : ....

Post  Camille Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:20 pm

Admin wrote:My very first video game was... Super Mario Bros.
    And the rest, as they say, is history!
    I had this too. My first PC games were on casette tapes! The tape player and keyboard plugged into the TV. If I remember correctly, at particular points in the game you had to pause to play side B of the tape. Razz
    Mooscrat
    Mooscrat

Post  Mooscrat Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:46 pm

Oh yeah...I can still, here that you founds an evil henchman noise in my head....buenos aires here I come!
    LorianLost
    LorianLost

MM Name : LorianLost

Post  LorianLost Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:46 pm

35 and female...following the crowd!
    I also grew up on Carmen Sandiego...when my school got their first computer when i was in grade 8!! It was educational so we were allowed to play it if we finished our desk work.
    Sooz, i try to put some humour in my posts too, just to lighten it up a little, but people tend to look at me funny when i say i tipped over some stuff in their rooms instead of just saying i tipped them. Ah well.
    Cheers all, back to my quest to find a dark knight!
    Victoria
    Victoria

Friend Code : 6f06f0
    MM Name : Victoria

Post  Victoria Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:52 pm

I'm 44 and Have been hooked on video games since pitfall from Atari
    EsmereldaF
    EsmereldaF

Friend Code : 536cb4
    MM Name : Esmerelda k

Post  EsmereldaF Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:25 pm

PegWalt wrote:Well, I guess I have you all beat.....62 and Retired!

PegWalt = Peg or Peggy for me and Walt for my hubby.

Yes beat me, but Im rocking the last of the 50s this year-- 59 in 2 weeks.

And yep, retired from nursing.
    NativeGramma
    NativeGramma

Friend Code : 6e485d
    MM Name : Nicole S

Post  NativeGramma Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:37 pm

I'll be 42 in 2 months , love my PSP and Ipad2. Very Happy Used to finish my husbands games, on his xbox, before him Razz
    brenda(Doglover)
    brenda(Doglover)

MM Name : brenda

Post  brenda(Doglover) Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:26 am

I'm 41, will be 42 in December. I live in RI but originally from CO. love the social aspect of this game and can't believe how many "friends" I've made!
    Connie-pia
    Connie-pia

Post  Connie-pia Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:34 am

I'm 54, sometimes feel 154, sometimes feel like I'm 14.....guess I'm a kid at heart. I live in Philly, PA. Glad I found this forum, nice to have all the "manorites" to commiserate (and have fun) with!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:30 am