Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum


    Do not get Declaration of Independence if you want lots of collection items for 86-88

    Share

    Rascal

    Posts : 4
    Points : 1529
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-06-28

    Do not get Declaration of Independence if you want lots of collection items for 86-88

    Post  Rascal on Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:18 am

    Hi,
    I was on several turtle runs and was getting a Pilgrim's Chest each time I traded a Pilgram hat with Uncle Snatch. However after I obtain the reward "Declaration of Independence", Uncle Snatch is now named Sly Uncle and no longer gives the chest every time with turtle on.

    Regretting it now as collection 86-88 gave good experience points... it's sorta like the new Hearts of Africa collection. I had planned to charged lots of the collections to level up quickly ...

    Rascal

    Posts : 4
    Points : 1529
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-06-28

    Re: Do not get Declaration of Independence if you want lots of collection items for 86-88

    Post  Rascal on Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:28 am

    Just to add on, you can charge the declaration right before the event ends. You will only get a single Declaration of Independence, which works like a charm in inventory, and the event icon on the right will disappear. So no sense doing it early like I did and missed out on the constant chest trading with Uncle Snatch....

    LaVentosa

    Posts : 363
    Points : 1996
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2012-04-11
    Friend Code : 0e337f
    MM Name : LaVentosa

    Re: Do not get Declaration of Independence if you want lots of collection items for 86-88

    Post  LaVentosa on Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:14 am

    good thank you for posting this - I was wondering about that.

    What "charm" is the declaration of independence? i.e. what does it do? (experience, coins, chance of finding items...?)

    Does it kick in immediately or does it stay in the inventory (did you mean that "works like a charm in inventory"?) and can be activated?

    If it is any like the last events, it should be used before the event finishes, because otherwise it doesn't work anymore after the event has finished. (i.e. like the fabergé charm after the easterevent)

    Grizzwold

    Posts : 8
    Points : 1596
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-04-26
    Location : UK
    Friend Code : f0df13
    MM Name : Grizzwold

    Re: Do not get Declaration of Independence if you want lots of collection items for 86-88

    Post  Grizzwold on Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:21 am

    LaVentosa wrote:What "charm" is the declaration of independence? i.e. what does it do? (experience, coins, chance of finding items...?)

    Taken from the words in the game "This mighty artifact increases your chances of finding an item, as well as the money and experience received for exploring rooms, by 70%. Lasts for 7 days."

    Rascal

    Posts : 4
    Points : 1529
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-06-28

    Re: Do not get Declaration of Independence if you want lots of collection items for 86-88

    Post  Rascal on Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:27 am

    It appears in the charm section in inventory and has to be activated to use.

    Declaration of Independence:
    "This mighty artifact increases your chances of finding an item, as well as the money and Experience received for exploring rooms, by 70%. Last for 7 days."

    You can find the same description if you click on the item in the events icon.

    I rather have the chest for the collection items ( yes i'm constantly griping about it) ...

    Oh and I didn't know about the charm expiry. Thanks for the headsup on that, maybe I should just use it now and layer it with turtle and try trading with "Sly Uncle". Hmmm, I see why the name has changed to Sly ... he is conning me out of hats!!! I want my chest you sneaky old man!

    Dazza JP

    Posts : 309
    Points : 2025
    Reputation : 32
    Join date : 2012-04-23
    Age : 44
    Location : London, UK
    Friend Code : Secret
    MM Name : Dazza JP

    Re: Do not get Declaration of Independence if you want lots of collection items for 86-88

    Post  Dazza JP on Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:00 am

    Thanks for the heads up on this, will charge this at the last minute in 5 days time, until then I will continue collecting those chests as they are increasing that achievement nicely now !!

    LaVentosa

    Posts : 363
    Points : 1996
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2012-04-11
    Friend Code : 0e337f
    MM Name : LaVentosa

    Re: Do not get Declaration of Independence if you want lots of collection items for 86-88

    Post  LaVentosa on Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:05 am

    Rascal wrote:
    "This mighty artifact increases your chances of finding an item, as well as the money and Experience received for exploring rooms, by 70%. Last for 7 days."
    Whoa!... cool.

    I'll do the same - wait until the last day (I'll miss it, if I wait for the last second - I know myself...) until charging them all. That's going to be some lvl up!! Smile
    I still have that stupid unused fabergè egg sitting in my inventory... Mad

    Rascal

    Posts : 4
    Points : 1529
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-06-28

    Re: Do not get Declaration of Independence if you want lots of collection items for 86-88

    Post  Rascal on Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:24 am

    Just activated the declaration of independence and added on a turtle .... 4 hat trades and only 1 chest.

    Looks like Sly Uncle will still give out chest just at a very low drop rate, whereas Uncle Snatch was 100% with turtle for me....

    LaVentosa

    Posts : 363
    Points : 1996
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2012-04-11
    Friend Code : 0e337f
    MM Name : LaVentosa

    Re: Do not get Declaration of Independence if you want lots of collection items for 86-88

    Post  LaVentosa on Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:09 am

    Rascal wrote:Just activated the declaration of independence and added on a turtle .... 4 hat trades and only 1 chest.

    Looks like Sly Uncle will still give out chest just at a very low drop rate, whereas Uncle Snatch was 100% with turtle for me....
    See it from the altruistic bright side Very Happy : Your sacrifice will help all us hundrets of other players... cheers
    doesn't help... I know... rabbit Rolling Eyes

    Mbstr8k

    Posts : 483
    Points : 2279
    Reputation : 80
    Join date : 2012-03-16
    Location : East coast
    MM Name : Charlotte

    Re: Do not get Declaration of Independence if you want lots of collection items for 86-88

    Post  Mbstr8k on Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:56 am

    Thank you for the heads up!! I only needed to complete one more collection for the third time and was ready to do so, for the charm. Now, I'll keep that one uncharged and keep charging the others for their rewards!

    Where is that big pile of $$ that Admin rewarded for being the 1,000th member? You deserve the same for this advice!! Very Happy

    Dazza JP

    Posts : 309
    Points : 2025
    Reputation : 32
    Join date : 2012-04-23
    Age : 44
    Location : London, UK
    Friend Code : Secret
    MM Name : Dazza JP

    Re: Do not get Declaration of Independence if you want lots of collection items for 86-88

    Post  Dazza JP on Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:00 pm

    Mbstr8k wrote:Thank you for the heads up!! I only needed to complete one more collection for the third time and was ready to do so, for the charm. Now, I'll keep that one uncharged and keep charging the others for their rewards!

    Where is that big pile of $$ that Admin rewarded for being the 1,000th member? You deserve the same for this advice!! Very Happy

    You can charge all three collections as many times as you want but just dont go the icon that tells you have 5 days left to get the reward, do that before it runs out.

    dotje

    Posts : 22
    Points : 1560
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-06-15
    Location : NLD

    HELP! I don't have the declaration of independence quest!

    Post  dotje on Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:18 pm

    You guys seem to have the Declaration of Independence Quest. My friend has that too on her iPad but I don't have it. I don't get the event either!

    Any idea how to get the quest in my list? Please help!
    Thanks

    LaVentosa

    Posts : 363
    Points : 1996
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2012-04-11
    Friend Code : 0e337f
    MM Name : LaVentosa

    Re: Do not get Declaration of Independence if you want lots of collection items for 86-88

    Post  LaVentosa on Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:27 pm

    dotje wrote:You guys seem to have the Declaration of Independence Quest. My friend has that too on her iPad but I don't have it. I don't get the event either!

    Any idea how to get the quest in my list? Please help!
    Thanks
    did you close & restart the app already? power off and on ipad anew? search a few rooms?

    Mbstr8k

    Posts : 483
    Points : 2279
    Reputation : 80
    Join date : 2012-03-16
    Location : East coast
    MM Name : Charlotte

    Re: Do not get Declaration of Independence if you want lots of collection items for 86-88

    Post  Mbstr8k on Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:28 pm

    Dazza JP wrote:
    Mbstr8k wrote:Thank you for the heads up!! I only needed to complete one more collection for the third time and was ready to do so, for the charm. Now, I'll keep that one uncharged and keep charging the others for their rewards!

    Where is that big pile of $$ that Admin rewarded for being the 1,000th member? You deserve the same for this advice!! Very Happy

    You can charge all three collections as many times as you want but just dont go the icon that tells you have 5 days left to get the reward, do that before it runs out.

    Aaahhhh! Silly me, I should've known that..... Brain must be tired from yesterday's festivities. LOL

    dotje

    Posts : 22
    Points : 1560
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-06-15
    Location : NLD

    Re: Do not get Declaration of Independence if you want lots of collection items for 86-88

    Post  dotje on Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:22 pm

    LaVentosa wrote:
    did you close & restart the app already? power off and on ipad anew? search a few rooms?

    I did try closing the app completely and also tried power off and on ipad.
    Nothing works!

    Any other ideas?

    LaVentosa

    Posts : 363
    Points : 1996
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2012-04-11
    Friend Code : 0e337f
    MM Name : LaVentosa

    Re: Do not get Declaration of Independence if you want lots of collection items for 86-88

    Post  LaVentosa on Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:47 pm

    As I really have no other idea for a solution, I just keep asking questions that maybe help:

    do you have the full moon quests? (I had those first, then a day later realized there was another event button in between the others to the right and a new quest on the left.)
    Do you see the new roamers in your friends manors? as well as the pilgrim snatchin? (whatsiname - the one, that wants the hats) How does your giftlist look? any Pilgrim hat/tea/silvercoin/anthem gift? any of those requested on your wall? Can you gift those? (We had those already a few days before the event, I think) or do you have empty requests as if not updated? ... scratch

    dotje

    Posts : 22
    Points : 1560
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-06-15
    Location : NLD

    Re: Do not get Declaration of Independence if you want lots of collection items for 86-88

    Post  dotje on Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:24 pm

    LaVentosa wrote:As I really have no other idea for a solution, I just keep asking questions that maybe help:

    do you have the full moon quests? (I had those first, then a day later realized there was another event button in between the others to the right and a new quest on the left.)
    Do you see the new roamers in your friends manors? as well as the pilgrim snatchin? (whatsiname - the one, that wants the hats) How does your giftlist look? any Pilgrim hat/tea/silvercoin/anthem gift? any of those requested on your wall? Can you gift those? (We had those already a few days before the event, I think) or do you have empty requests as if not updated? ... scratch

    To answer your questions (and I really appreciate you're trying to help!):

    Yes, I'm having the full moon quest at the moment (at this moment We're No Slouches) The quest & event just popped up yesterday. I still have 12 days time to finish the event now.

    I did see the new roamers in my friend's manor (at least on her iPad) but not if I visit her from my iPad (I think it's called Uncle Snatch)
    She can give me Pilgrim hat (it's in her gift list) and the hat is not in my list. But I'm able to give friends coins & tea required to charge the coll #86-88.

    So far, most of my friends are busy asking the flaming skull. I've been requested lots and lots of time to open/send the chests from the wall. And I think the chests came from the snatch as it didn't come from other evil creatures roaming on some manors.

    I tried contacting GI support but I have problems sending my request (GI is probably too busy to accept my request) So....I really don't know what to do.

    pianofingers

    Posts : 262
    Points : 1905
    Reputation : 28
    Join date : 2012-04-05

    Re: Do not get Declaration of Independence if you want lots of collection items for 86-88

    Post  pianofingers on Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:03 pm

    LaVentosa wrote:
    I still have that stupid unused fabergè egg sitting in my inventory... Mad

    The Faberge egg works now! There's a "use" button, and the charm will run for 7 days. Very Happy

    Caz

    Posts : 64
    Points : 1715
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2012-03-08
    Location : Cambridge, England
    MM Name : Caz

    Re: Do not get Declaration of Independence if you want lots of collection items for 86-88

    Post  Caz on Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:31 am

    Rascal wrote:Hi,
    I was on several turtle runs and was getting a Pilgrim's Chest each time I traded a Pilgram hat with Uncle Snatch. However after I obtain the reward "Declaration of Independence", Uncle Snatch is now named Sly Uncle and no longer gives the chest every time with turtle on.

    Regretting it now as collection 86-88 gave good experience points... it's sorta like the new Hearts of Africa collection. I had planned to charged lots of the collections to level up quickly ...

    Hi, I charged the D of E, but can still visit friends and find Uncle Snatch. He disappears when banished but I found 2 neighbours who each have him so can go back and forth!! Very Happy

    Juud

    Posts : 30
    Points : 1648
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-03-30
    MM Name : Juud

    Re: Do not get Declaration of Independence if you want lots of collection items for 86-88

    Post  Juud on Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:43 pm

    Jacobsplace wrote:
    Rascal wrote:Hi,
    I was on several turtle runs and was getting a Pilgrim's Chest each time I traded a Pilgram hat with Uncle Snatch. However after I obtain the reward "Declaration of Independence", Uncle Snatch is now named Sly Uncle and no longer gives the chest every time with turtle on.

    Regretting it now as collection 86-88 gave good experience points... it's sorta like the new Hearts of Africa collection. I had planned to charged lots of the collections to level up quickly ...

    Hi, I charged the D of E, but can still visit friends and find Uncle Snatch. He disappears when banished but I found 2 neighbours who each have him so can go back and forth!! Very Happy

    I do the same thing! I don't mess with Sly Uncle and only do business with Uncle Snatch!

    AJ

    Posts : 10
    Points : 1564
    Reputation : -1
    Join date : 2012-05-27
    Location : Indianapolis
    Friend Code : 4edea3
    MM Name : AJ

    No uncle snatch?

    Post  AJ on Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:26 pm

    First time poster...I'm also having problems with the 4th of July event...no event pop-up or uncle snatch. I do have the full moon stuff, and have restarted and powered off completely. Waiting to hear back from support. I'd be grateful for any additional ideas...I feel like I'm missing out on all the fun!!

    LaVentosa

    Posts : 363
    Points : 1996
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2012-04-11
    Friend Code : 0e337f
    MM Name : LaVentosa

    Re: Do not get Declaration of Independence if you want lots of collection items for 86-88

    Post  LaVentosa on Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:52 am

    pianofingers wrote:
    LaVentosa wrote:
    I still have that stupid unused fabergè egg sitting in my inventory... Mad

    The Faberge egg works now! There's a "use" button, and the charm will run for 7 days. Very Happy
    Really? Cool! How did you know? Did you fire up yours just now?

    pianofingers

    Posts : 262
    Points : 1905
    Reputation : 28
    Join date : 2012-04-05

    Re: Do not get Declaration of Independence if you want lots of collection items for 86-88

    Post  pianofingers on Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:07 am

    Yes, when I realized that the Easter eggs could be eaten again, I checked the Faberge charm - and true enough, it had a "use" button on it. So I used it, and it's been running for the past 4 days now, with another 3 days to go. It's great! Gives 25% extra experience and 25% extra coins.

    I'm super-stacked on charms right now, with the Faberge and the Faithful heart running at the same time, the Cornucopia, the turtle, and the flowers all together (except for the chance flower because it doesn't like the turtle!). Wooo!

    Eas

    Posts : 3
    Points : 1520
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-07-04
    Friend Code : 813f41

    Re: Do not get Declaration of Independence if you want lots of collection items for 86-88

    Post  Eas on Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:26 am

    I'm having a hard time to get Robert Livingston, Red arrow and the snatchin Indian, got plenty of the others but those three never shows up.. how can I get them?

    Mbstr8k

    Posts : 483
    Points : 2279
    Reputation : 80
    Join date : 2012-03-16
    Location : East coast
    MM Name : Charlotte

    Re: Do not get Declaration of Independence if you want lots of collection items for 86-88

    Post  Mbstr8k on Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:32 pm

    Eas wrote:I'm having a hard time to get Robert Livingston, Red arrow and the snatchin Indian, got plenty of the others but those three never shows up.. how can I get them?

    Here are a few ways to get them:

    1. You can place them on your Wish list or check your friend's collection lists.

    2. If they have several you can ask if they would be willing to do a trade. Be sure to offer them something they don't have or something of a similar value though. Because the collection offers so much extra energy it might be hard to get a trade, but you never know.:-)

    3. Request your friends to send you pilgrim hats, so you can vanish uncle snatch and get more chests. Put your request at the top of your wall (you can't put it on your wish list), so friends who stop by and read your wall can see that is what you want.

    4. Stop by all your friend's manors and write on their wall politely asking them to send you a pilgrim hat if they are able to gift it.
    Hint: type your message on the notepad app on the iPad, then copy it. When you type it there you can type more text than what MM lets you type. Then when you visit your friend's manor, tap in the spot where you would type your message and the word "paste" should po up. Hit it and your message appears! No need to continue to retype the request on each individual wall.

    Hope this helps!

    I got quite a few by sending out my chests--over 80 -- yesterday. I have good friends and got over 120 chests back, out of that 5 RL.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Do not get Declaration of Independence if you want lots of collection items for 86-88

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:50 am


      Current date/time is Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:50 am