MMUFF

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum

+6
Mbstr8k
engineer
Soozicle
Debinapril
Admin
Dazza JP
10 posters

Ideal friends total ?

Ideal friends total ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Ideal friends total ?

Post  Guest Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:02 am

Soozicle wrote:
    Evie_B wrote:

http://www.mmuff.com/t340-quick-energy-recharge

AWESOME... now if I could just get some silver suns.

I know... it works with the Galactica Nano Reactor Artifact too

Post  Guest Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:14 am

Soozicle wrote:Why can't you visit?

It's the curse of the ancient iPad:) I'm using ipad1 and it crashes whenever I try to visit (even lvl 10 players) and it really sucks! I love gifting and tipping so I'm just spinning my wheels waiting for the update. So if you need anything post to my wall and I will happily send it:)
    pianofingers
    pianofingers

Post  pianofingers Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:33 am

Evie_B wrote:
    Soozicle wrote:
    Evie_B wrote:

http://www.mmuff.com/t340-quick-energy-recharge

AWESOME... now if I could just get some silver suns.

I know... it works with the Galactica Nano Reactor Artifact too

The easier one to complete is the Flowers of Passion artifact set, because you can put the flowers on your wish list, and it lasts 24 hours instead of the Nano Reactor's 4 hours. Then activate the flower artifact, and add any energy charm you have (phoenix, yin-yang, sun), and when it runs out, add another one. Smile
    Dazza JP
    Dazza JP

Friend Code : Secret
    MM Name : Dazza JP

Post  Dazza JP Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:03 am

Am left with 240 friends which i can manage ok, about 150 I trade with so just use 20 diamionds to gift to each of those daily now, though some may get more than 1 if I so wish !! Smile
    Debinapril
    Debinapril

Friend Code : PM me
    MM Name : debinapril

Post  Debinapril Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:36 am

Down to 484 friends and I'm still weeding out the non players. My pending list is still growing another 6 were added today - where've they come from!!! - I didn't get any diamonds! Mad At this rate my pending list will overtake my main list! Argh!
    Dazza JP
    Dazza JP

Friend Code : Secret
    MM Name : Dazza JP

Post  Dazza JP Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:58 am

Debinapril wrote:Down to 484 friends and I'm still weeding out the non players. My pending list is still growing another 6 were added today - where've they come from!!! - I didn't get any diamonds! Mad At this rate my pending list will overtake my main list! Argh!

I'm guessing my pending ones come from this site, so I try and check to see if they are on the memberlist here, my loyalty lies with this site now Cool
    Debinapril
    Debinapril

Friend Code : PM me
    MM Name : debinapril

Post  Debinapril Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:13 pm

I don't know where these new ones in pending have come from because you normally get some diamonds when someone enters your code but not in this case - they're multiplying a bit like gremlins someone's spilt some coffee........... affraid
    engineer
    engineer

Post  engineer Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:21 pm

Debinapril wrote:I don't know where these new ones in pending have come from because you normally get some diamonds when someone enters your code but not in this case - they're multiplying a bit like gremlins someone's spilt some coffee........... affraid
    I haven't gotten diamonds for the Pending friends in months now. It's either a bug or intentional, but it's been around for a while.
    Mbstr8k
    Mbstr8k

MM Name : Charlotte

Post  Mbstr8k Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:09 pm

I also check to see if the people on my pendinrelish are members on MMUFF. :-). This is the only place I've posted my code, so the people must be reading the boards and using codes, but not registering (or their registered name is not the same as their game name.) Either way, I only accept new friends if they PM first, since I try to keep my list manageable. I figure the rest are using the synthesizer.

As for diamonds, I was wondering how/why I was getting diamonds only every so often from pending people. One day my pending count really jumped, but I only got 2 diamonds from the pop-up notice. However, when I looked at my diamonds I realized that had gone up more than 2 since I was on before. My guess, it only tells you that you get diamonds for the last one who friended you when you log in. You get diamonds for the others too, but they don't give you pop-ups.

Anyone else see the diamond difference?

I did have one person who PMed me that he sent me a friend request, but he never showed up on my list.....now that was odd.Sorry Percival. Try again?:-)
    Mogul

Post  Mogul Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:01 pm

Soozicle wrote:I don't even have 300 yet but I need to pare it down since I'm using the Synthesizer to get diamonds. I'm always adding friends, and always trying to figure out how to gift fairly among what I have.

This is how I'm deciding who to keep and who to chop...

I'm removing friends that I still can't visit after a week post-update because they STILL haven't updated their game. It's not like they can see my wishlist to respond by giving me something I need if I gift them. Plus, they interrupt the flow when visiting friends. I hate penalizing people for a fault with the game itself, but if they've not updated the game in a week they either aren't playing the social aspect like I am (they're not visiting/gifting, just waiting for energy to charge back up to play the rooms) or aren't playing at all. I'd rather gift people who will gift back, or at least accept my gifts so I get a thanks gift.

I'm also removing friends that have been my "friend" for a while and they're still under level 20 with a next-to-nothing reputation stat... means they're not playing enough to level up and have probably already deleted the app.

I also consider the person's energy and strength levels before I gift or leave tips when visiting. It takes so long to get back to fully charged after depleting those, a fully charged guy has either not been playing for a while or, far less likely, just leveled up. I also don't tend to tip when I see someone who has depleted energy but full strength stats; probably means they're not tipping at all. My next round of "friend eliminations" will probably be people that I've noticed stay fully charged a lot. FYI: Just in case I come across someone who thinks about this the same way I do, I generally try to knock out some of my strength and some of my energy as soon as I level up so I don't look to be perpetually fully charged at any time.

In short I'm trying to find ways to prune my friends list back to people who contribute the most without having to spend too much time figuring out who that is. I try to put a little thought into everything I do, even if it isn't as much thought as I could do, such as checking a friend's wish list and making sure they have multiples of something I need before I gift a collection item, but then forgetting who gifted me what I asked for so I could reciprocate. It doesn't usually happen that they gift me back what I need probably because they hit the Take button too fast like I do, but I figured it's better than fishing in a koi pond for trout. Doing things at complete random didn't work any better for me, so I'm trying different methods.

Does anybody find any flaw in my logic or is that helpful?

If I am on an infinite energy run, I usually don't have time to use my strength until the charms run out. I could level up several times before visiting friends, especially now given how long it takes to visit. Also, as a banker, people have told me not to tip them or they will delete me as a friend. This may have changed since the update where coins can be used to purchase collection items, but sometimes it is difficult to use up all the strength, even though I have a lot of low level friends just so that I can tip them.

I am in the process of deleting friends - have given up on the friend's achievement as I had way too many friends to visit and gift properly. I am deleting friends who have 400+ friends, especially at the lower levels. I have (had) a friend at level 23 with over 400 friends. Someone has been busy with the Friend's Synthesizer. I am aiming for 150 friends at all levels, which for me is manageable.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:10 am