MMUFF

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum

+12
csphd
AGenius
Addicted
lynnhas
Hme
Trekker
basherdog
hawkeyegirl
LaVentosa
engineer
pianofingers
Admin
16 posters

How to bring out Phenomena

How to bring out Phenomena - Page 2 Empty Re: How to bring out Phenomena

Post  Guest Mon May 28, 2012 10:10 am

Found a simple trick dealing with phenomena.
    When you manage to get the phenomena in the room you want, search it and wait for the popup that tells you what you found
    Instead of continuing back to the manor, close the app completely.tap home then double tap home to shut the app down
    When you return to the manor, the phenom will still be in that room for you to retry. Rinse and repeat until needed.

Credit goes to Vovan23mvp
    LaVentosa
    LaVentosa

Friend Code : 0e337f
    MM Name : LaVentosa

Post  LaVentosa Mon May 28, 2012 5:44 pm

Brad5868 wrote:Found a simple trick dealing with phenomena.
    When you manage to get the phenomena in the room you want, search it and wait for the popup that tells you what you found
    Instead of continuing back to the manor, close the app completely.tap home then double tap home to shut the app down
    When you return to the manor, the phenom will still be in that room for you to retry. Rinse and repeat until needed.

Whoa.. Really? affraid
    Sounds good - though a little bit against the "game flow" - but hey where is that in waiting for WEEKS for a special phen to appear in a room. So - cool. Did you combine it with a turtle? I lost some charms in the last weeks by crashing, but shutting it down shouldn't do that to my turtle, no?
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Friend Code : B15B06
    MM Name : rainkid

Post  Admin Mon May 28, 2012 10:13 pm

Brad5868 wrote:Found a simple trick dealing with phenomena.

I thought that the Corset / Neptune / Emerald does not show up as a normal drop item after you search the room, but only when you return to the main map screen does it tell you that you received the item. If this is the case, wouldn't it be too late since you returned to the map screen and the phenomenon is already gone?
    Hme

MM Name : Homo Muchos Erectus

Post  Hme Mon May 28, 2012 11:17 pm

I just posted in another thread that this technique worked perfectly.
    Neptune does appear in the list of things found.
    Anyone searching for Neptune should read that thread!
    I got mist in bathroom after an hour of infinite energy searching and used the trick five times
    To get Neptune.
    LaVentosa
    LaVentosa

Post  LaVentosa Tue May 29, 2012 6:16 am

Admin wrote:...I thought that the Corset / Neptune / Emerald does not show up as a normal drop item after you search the room...
    Why would you think that? 'course it does. It appears as the other things in the popup window afterwards, I even tapped on the emerald then because I couln't believe it showed up.
    so.. GO! get that stupid Mist or whatsit in the bathroom, fire up a turtle and get yourself the Neptun! *shove* jocolor
    engineer
    engineer

Post  engineer Tue May 29, 2012 8:52 am

LaVentosa wrote:
    Admin wrote:...I thought that the Corset / Neptune / Emerald does not show up as a normal drop item after you search the room...
    Why would you think that? 'course it does. It appears as the other things in the popup window afterwards, I even tapped on the emerald then because I couln't believe it showed up.
    so.. GO! get that stupid Mist or whatsit in the bathroom, fire up a turtle and get yourself the Neptun! *shove* jocolor
    It's not a silly comment...none of those items showed up in the "found items" box that pops up when I completed them. Once I returned to my manor and the items fell on the screen is when I saw that the quest had been completed. Not sure I even ever saw them...
    LaVentosa
    LaVentosa

Post  LaVentosa Tue May 29, 2012 3:49 pm

engineer wrote:
    LaVentosa wrote:
    It's not a silly comment...none of those items showed up in the "found items" box that pops up when I completed them. Once I returned to my manor and the items fell on the screen is when I saw that the quest had been completed. Not sure I even ever saw them...
    Well... come to think of - I don't remember seeing either the corset nor the Neptun. But I do remember seeing the window popping up with the emerald symbol together with two others (like tooth fairy ir else). Because I know i tapped on it to be sure I wasn't halluzinating. cyclops After _weeks_ if not months of waiting for it, I might have been geek , but I don't think so.
    engineer
    engineer

Post  engineer Tue May 29, 2012 4:03 pm

LaVentosa wrote:
    Well... come to think of - I don't remember seeing either the corset nor the Neptun. But I do remember seeing the window popping up with the emerald symbol together with two others (like tooth fairy ir else). Because I know i tapped on it to be sure I wasn't halluzinating. cyclops After _weeks_ if not months of waiting for it, I might have been geek , but I don't think so.
    It may be something that changed with the update, so you never know! I doubt you were hallucinating Razz Good luck to all those still searching! I will try the phenomenon trick to get the achievements though!
    lynnhas

MM Name : lynn

How to bring out Phenomena - Page 2 Empty New Trick

Post  lynnhas Tue May 29, 2012 4:10 pm

What exactly does it mean to "tap on the home button"? Is this the button on the iPad itself, and not a button within the game?
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Friend Code : B15B06
    MM Name : rainkid

Post  Admin Tue May 29, 2012 9:20 pm

lynnhas wrote:What exactly does it mean to "tap on the home button"? Is this the button on the iPad itself, and not a button within the game?

Correct. The trick here is to see what items you got from searching the room, and if you didn't get the item you're looking for, go back to the iPad home screen, kill MM, and restart MM. When it restarts, the phenomenon will still be in the room, and you can try again. (At least, that's what I gather... I haven't had time to give it a shot yet)
    LaVentosa
    LaVentosa

Post  LaVentosa Wed May 30, 2012 7:43 am

Admin wrote:(At least, that's what I gather... I haven't had time to give it a shot yet)
    Do. You are not allowed to whine about your Neptune quest anymore, before you do. Razz Very Happy
    Addicted

Friend Code : 6edc34
    MM Name : Pal

Post  Addicted Thu May 31, 2012 11:48 pm

I've been hoping to try this but can't get the stupid idol to appear on the bedroom. I've started banishing it from other rooms in hope it would pop up faster in a different room but it doesn't seem to be helping...
    LaVentosa
    LaVentosa

Post  LaVentosa Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:52 am

I don't know if this is something that changed with the last update, but the phenomena don't seem to be afraid of the dark anymore. Just left my african room in nightmode, switched to the lab, and after that an Ufo popped up in the african room. Don't know about other phenomena though.
    AGenius

Post  AGenius Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:49 am

Another trick. Get the phenomena in the room. Before you explorer backup the documents folder using iFunBox. Close app first is best. Play room. If you fail. Exit app and copy back documents folder. Warning. You will loose any progress since the backup obviously. So don't collect gifts. Have fun
    AGenius

Post  AGenius Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:19 pm

Just to confirm. This actually worked and Neptune was shown in window. Took 3 goes after I had myst phenomena. Going for emerald now
    Trekker
    Trekker

Friend Code : Ask me
    MM Name : Trekker

Post  Trekker Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:39 pm

LaVentosa wrote:I don't know if this is something that changed with the last update, but the phenomena don't seem to be afraid of the dark anymore. Just left my african room in nightmode, switched to the lab, and after that an Ufo popped up in the african room. Don't know about other phenomena though.

You're right, I had the library and hallway in night mode and now mists are in both of them. They weren't afraid at all. Smile
    csphd

Post  csphd Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:35 am

basherdog wrote:

Of course - now with over 30 phenomenons and STILL not a single one in the Fortune Teller Room, I think the Neptune quest hates me. Crying or Very sad

I have to test your theory. It sounds good. Just wanted to say that I have NEVER seen a phenomenon in any room that asks for items to get in. My geek relative tells me that it is probably a software impossibility. That is why you can't get the mist to go into the fortune telling room. It CAN'T. Find the Neptune in the bathroom in mist mode. That is what I've been told by many people who have found it by accident.

I noticed that the phenomenons never appear in rooms that request items to enter. So, I wouldn't expect to see one in the Fortune Teller room.

Now, If I need a phenomenon, I summon it many times until I get it to the requested room. Note that the game has a bug and sometimes you lose the diamonds and no phenomenon appears. Thanks the app developers, that they returned me the summoning items after a complain. They told me that they will correct it on the next update.
    LaVentosa
    LaVentosa

Post  LaVentosa Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:50 am

csphd wrote:I noticed that the phenomenons never appear in rooms that request items to enter. So, I wouldn't expect to see one in the Fortune Teller room.

Note that the game has a bug and sometimes you lose the diamonds and no phenomenon appears. Thanks the app developers, that they returned me the summoning items after a complain. They told me that they will correct it on the next update.
    Yes, it is known that the phenomena do not appear in rooms with entering-item requests, nor in Rooms with a curse in them - the latter being something even seasoned players stumbled on...
    Earlier on the didn't like the night mode either - after the last updates they appear also in those.
    I didn't know about the summoning bug Shocked - if that is indeed so (as GI reacted to it), you should put it in the bugs-section!
    dondave
    dondave

Friend Code : 8b0e48
    MM Name : Don

Post  dondave Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:07 pm

Hi guys,

new here!

So it seems to work quite fine with the "don't explore curses room" and leave the phenomena in the rooms until it gets into the room you want.

It leaves less room available for next phenom to appear in and also less rooms for you to explore. With as min as 1500 energy points spent I just managed to get 5 phenom. (took me that long to get it in the right room.

By this experience I left out oceanic, sakura, room 51 and lab in my explorations...luck or not triggers were always in other rooms. (I had bedroom and library in witch curse so left these out as well).

Enjoy!

"EDIT" Just finished the room with mist...2 rooms later I got will o the wisp in...definately works fine and consumes less energy.
    gherkinkhan

Post  gherkinkhan Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:45 pm

dondave wrote:Hi guys,

new here!

So it seems to work quite fine with the "don't explore curses room" and leave the phenomena in the rooms until it gets into the room you want.

It leaves less room available for next phenom to appear in and also less rooms for you to explore. With as min as 1500 energy points spent I just managed to get 5 phenom. (took me that long to get it in the right room.

By this experience I left out oceanic, sakura, room 51 and lab in my explorations...luck or not triggers were always in other rooms. (I had bedroom and library in witch curse so left these out as well).

Enjoy!

"EDIT" Just finished the room with mist...2 rooms later I got will o the wisp in...definately works fine and consumes less energy.

In the current version, you don't have to do the extra rooms as you mentioned. I just explored, kept notes on iPad notes, bought the phenomena(muppets anyone?) for diamonds and did emerald and corset in an hour or so.
    dondave
    dondave

Friend Code : 8b0e48
    MM Name : Don

Post  dondave Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:57 am

Yop agreed,

the only problem seem to arise when you fill all rooms with a phenomena...then it looks like you need to "reset all rooms" and start over.

EDIT: For some reason it is not working anymore since last update Sad Damn should have done neptune while I was at it Sad
    Kovokiara

MM Name : Surreal

Post  Kovokiara Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:15 am

Admin wrote:I believe my theory on Phenomenons (phenomena) is correct.

Here is my observation:
    1. If I do the same room over and over and over, phenomenons do not appear.
    2. If I do different rooms, they randomly appear.

Here is my theory:
    - of all the open rooms, one room is the 'phenomenon' trigger.
    - search this trigger room, and a phenomenon will appear in a random room.

How I tested:
    - I have all 16 rooms open.
    - If I do African room 16 times, I do not get a phenomenon.
    - However, if I go through all the rooms, in order, I will eventually bring out a phenomenon before I go through the list of all rooms.
    - Each time I had a phenomenon, I cleared it by searching the room.
    - I then started going through the list of rooms again, in order starting with Living Room
    - Each time I did this, a phenomenon would appear before I cleared all the rooms.
    - I have tested this for 6 iterations, and receive a phenomenon each time.

If this is true, this would also explain why we have more phenomenons at earlier levels - there are few rooms to search, and we search all of them. As we gain higher levels, we ignore the earlier rooms because they do not give good experience or items.

Of course - now with over 30 phenomenons and STILL not a single one in the Fortune Teller Room, I think the Neptune quest hates me. Crying or Very sad

Hi,
    So far what I've noticed is that, MIST Phenomenon comes only in room with night mode.
    Will-o-wisp is a rare one.
    As randomly as they might come, the phenomenon depends on each rooms SKILL LEVEL.
    UFO comes only in rooms with EXPERT level ( also in night mode i think). So, the rooms below that Skill lvl will not get it.
    Will o wisp comes after or around Professional skill lvl of a room.

Have u noticed these?

Well, I'm just 42 level and might not know much. Sometimes, when I want the phenomenon to come in the room that I desire, then I'll keep the cursed room open. I mean I don't play in the cursed rooms.

elisabeth.peter.39

Friend Code : 950c8d
    MM Name : trindli

Post  elisabeth.peter.39 Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:15 pm

I recently tried to play the living room over and over to summon a phenomena and I get quite often now. I use less energy than when doing the rooms in order.

But it might be that is really just random.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:14 pm