MMUFF

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum

+12
csphd
AGenius
Addicted
lynnhas
Hme
Trekker
basherdog
hawkeyegirl
LaVentosa
engineer
pianofingers
Admin
16 posters

How to bring out Phenomena

How to bring out Phenomena - Page 2 Empty Re: How to bring out Phenomena

Post  Guest Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:14 pm

Just explored the African room three times in a row....got a willow the wisp in the living room on the second go, and mist in the African room after the third exploration....I'm beginning to think its all random....how depressing lol!!
    Trekker
    Trekker

Friend Code : Ask me
    MM Name : Trekker

Post  Trekker Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:27 pm

Well, this may be entirely coincidental, but of all my rooms, only one doesn't have tips in it, and that's the living room. And guess which room has a phenomenon...the living room. Coincidence?

EDIT: Yep, it was coincidence, as another phenomenon just appeared in the kitchen, and that had tips in it.

So much for that theory. Though...I'm noticing that second phenomenon seemed to appear very quickly, as I haven't dealt with the first one yet. Maybe if you don't attack them right away, they multiply...
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Friend Code : B15B06
    MM Name : rainkid

Post  Admin Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:17 am

So, as many of my manor visitors know - I've been living in the dark for about a week testing out the 'all dark manor' theory.

Here are my thoughts:
    1. It doesn't appear to work any better than the method I described on the first page of this thread.
    2. I did get phenomenons doing fewer than 16 rooms each time.
    3. I still believe there are trigger rooms - neglected rooms seem to bring out phenomenons
    4. Maybe it is possible that the trigger room changes if the trigger room isn't searched in X amount of time, whatever X is.

Here's my conclusion:
    1. All this testing, and nothing conclusive. Sad

Here's my recommendation:
    1. If you are doing quests that require phenomenons, just use my method. It appears to work relatively well.

[Tired of the dark! Going to put all my rooms into normal mode now!]
    LaVentosa
    LaVentosa

Friend Code : 0e337f
    MM Name : LaVentosa

Post  LaVentosa Thu May 10, 2012 2:27 pm

Admin wrote:[Tired of the dark! Going to put all my rooms into normal mode now!]

I need your advise as you are obviously a master of the dark side Wink

I need a dark kitchen for the banana-quest (why in heavens it has to be dark no one knows...)
    so: Is there a good way to change the room in question into "nightmode" other than exploring it until the lights go out? Smile
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Fri May 11, 2012 12:03 am

LaVentosa wrote:
    Admin wrote:[Tired of the dark! Going to put all my rooms into normal mode now!]

I need your advise as you are obviously a master of the dark side Wink

I need a dark kitchen for the banana-quest (why in heavens it has to be dark no one knows...)
    so: Is there a good way to change the room in question into "nightmode" other than exploring it until the lights go out? Smile

Unfortunately, that is the only way. Just search it a few times - it'll turn into Night mode randomly.
    Suspect
    pianofingers
    pianofingers

Post  pianofingers Fri May 11, 2012 9:01 am

Btw, if you decide to banish a phenomenon with a weapon (tesla coil, illuminati lamp, etc), don't forget to use a Helper. A Scientist is best, because you can see how much additional experience you get when using that helper.

What's great is that you can use the Helper for free, he won't go to sleep or return to the manor after you use him. But you can see that you earned the extra experience points if you take note of your experience count before and after banishing, and do the math. Smile
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Fri May 18, 2012 10:46 pm

I just searched 32 rooms (full set of rooms, twice) with not a single phenomenon appearing. What's going on? Sad
    pianofingers
    pianofingers

Post  pianofingers Fri May 18, 2012 11:25 pm

Yes, that is strange. Usually after I search 4 or 5 different rooms in succession, a phenomenon appears somewhere.

Do you have any luck charms running? Such as Faithful, Turtle, Cornucopia, Astronaut, or all together even. I found that doing so also increases the chances of phenomena appearing, just like it increases the chances of getting containers/batteries when visiting friends.
    LaVentosa
    LaVentosa

Post  LaVentosa Tue May 22, 2012 4:56 am

I searched the full set of rooms too - without getting a phenomenon. And I need them for several quests!
    Perhaps they changed something in the last update?

I didn't use a turtle though.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Wed May 23, 2012 12:49 am

Just as a little update - it took me 39 rooms to bring out on phenomenon. I, too, wasn't using a turtle - just a Golden Clover.

Post  Guest Mon May 28, 2012 10:10 am

Found a simple trick dealing with phenomena.
    When you manage to get the phenomena in the room you want, search it and wait for the popup that tells you what you found
    Instead of continuing back to the manor, close the app completely.tap home then double tap home to shut the app down
    When you return to the manor, the phenom will still be in that room for you to retry. Rinse and repeat until needed.

Credit goes to Vovan23mvp
    LaVentosa
    LaVentosa

Post  LaVentosa Mon May 28, 2012 5:44 pm

Brad5868 wrote:Found a simple trick dealing with phenomena.
    When you manage to get the phenomena in the room you want, search it and wait for the popup that tells you what you found
    Instead of continuing back to the manor, close the app completely.tap home then double tap home to shut the app down
    When you return to the manor, the phenom will still be in that room for you to retry. Rinse and repeat until needed.

Whoa.. Really? affraid
    Sounds good - though a little bit against the "game flow" - but hey where is that in waiting for WEEKS for a special phen to appear in a room. So - cool. Did you combine it with a turtle? I lost some charms in the last weeks by crashing, but shutting it down shouldn't do that to my turtle, no?
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Mon May 28, 2012 10:13 pm

Brad5868 wrote:Found a simple trick dealing with phenomena.

I thought that the Corset / Neptune / Emerald does not show up as a normal drop item after you search the room, but only when you return to the main map screen does it tell you that you received the item. If this is the case, wouldn't it be too late since you returned to the map screen and the phenomenon is already gone?
    Hme

MM Name : Homo Muchos Erectus

Post  Hme Mon May 28, 2012 11:17 pm

I just posted in another thread that this technique worked perfectly.
    Neptune does appear in the list of things found.
    Anyone searching for Neptune should read that thread!
    I got mist in bathroom after an hour of infinite energy searching and used the trick five times
    To get Neptune.
    LaVentosa
    LaVentosa

Post  LaVentosa Tue May 29, 2012 6:16 am

Admin wrote:...I thought that the Corset / Neptune / Emerald does not show up as a normal drop item after you search the room...
    Why would you think that? 'course it does. It appears as the other things in the popup window afterwards, I even tapped on the emerald then because I couln't believe it showed up.
    so.. GO! get that stupid Mist or whatsit in the bathroom, fire up a turtle and get yourself the Neptun! *shove* jocolor
    engineer
    engineer

Post  engineer Tue May 29, 2012 8:52 am

LaVentosa wrote:
    Admin wrote:...I thought that the Corset / Neptune / Emerald does not show up as a normal drop item after you search the room...
    Why would you think that? 'course it does. It appears as the other things in the popup window afterwards, I even tapped on the emerald then because I couln't believe it showed up.
    so.. GO! get that stupid Mist or whatsit in the bathroom, fire up a turtle and get yourself the Neptun! *shove* jocolor
    It's not a silly comment...none of those items showed up in the "found items" box that pops up when I completed them. Once I returned to my manor and the items fell on the screen is when I saw that the quest had been completed. Not sure I even ever saw them...
    LaVentosa
    LaVentosa

Post  LaVentosa Tue May 29, 2012 3:49 pm

engineer wrote:
    LaVentosa wrote:
    It's not a silly comment...none of those items showed up in the "found items" box that pops up when I completed them. Once I returned to my manor and the items fell on the screen is when I saw that the quest had been completed. Not sure I even ever saw them...
    Well... come to think of - I don't remember seeing either the corset nor the Neptun. But I do remember seeing the window popping up with the emerald symbol together with two others (like tooth fairy ir else). Because I know i tapped on it to be sure I wasn't halluzinating. cyclops After _weeks_ if not months of waiting for it, I might have been geek , but I don't think so.
    engineer
    engineer

Post  engineer Tue May 29, 2012 4:03 pm

LaVentosa wrote:
    Well... come to think of - I don't remember seeing either the corset nor the Neptun. But I do remember seeing the window popping up with the emerald symbol together with two others (like tooth fairy ir else). Because I know i tapped on it to be sure I wasn't halluzinating. cyclops After _weeks_ if not months of waiting for it, I might have been geek , but I don't think so.
    It may be something that changed with the update, so you never know! I doubt you were hallucinating Razz Good luck to all those still searching! I will try the phenomenon trick to get the achievements though!
    lynnhas

MM Name : lynn

How to bring out Phenomena - Page 2 Empty New Trick

Post  lynnhas Tue May 29, 2012 4:10 pm

What exactly does it mean to "tap on the home button"? Is this the button on the iPad itself, and not a button within the game?
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Tue May 29, 2012 9:20 pm

lynnhas wrote:What exactly does it mean to "tap on the home button"? Is this the button on the iPad itself, and not a button within the game?

Correct. The trick here is to see what items you got from searching the room, and if you didn't get the item you're looking for, go back to the iPad home screen, kill MM, and restart MM. When it restarts, the phenomenon will still be in the room, and you can try again. (At least, that's what I gather... I haven't had time to give it a shot yet)
    LaVentosa
    LaVentosa

Post  LaVentosa Wed May 30, 2012 7:43 am

Admin wrote:(At least, that's what I gather... I haven't had time to give it a shot yet)
    Do. You are not allowed to whine about your Neptune quest anymore, before you do. Razz Very Happy
    Addicted

Friend Code : 6edc34
    MM Name : Pal

Post  Addicted Thu May 31, 2012 11:48 pm

I've been hoping to try this but can't get the stupid idol to appear on the bedroom. I've started banishing it from other rooms in hope it would pop up faster in a different room but it doesn't seem to be helping...
    LaVentosa
    LaVentosa

Post  LaVentosa Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:52 am

I don't know if this is something that changed with the last update, but the phenomena don't seem to be afraid of the dark anymore. Just left my african room in nightmode, switched to the lab, and after that an Ufo popped up in the african room. Don't know about other phenomena though.
    AGenius

Post  AGenius Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:49 am

Another trick. Get the phenomena in the room. Before you explorer backup the documents folder using iFunBox. Close app first is best. Play room. If you fail. Exit app and copy back documents folder. Warning. You will loose any progress since the backup obviously. So don't collect gifts. Have fun
    AGenius

Post  AGenius Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:19 pm

Just to confirm. This actually worked and Neptune was shown in window. Took 3 goes after I had myst phenomena. Going for emerald now

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:59 am