MMUFF

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum

+20
CheezerWhizzer
hoplomachus
karen_ni
js29
Dazza JP
Roxy
summerville
Annie
ycul
caroline23
Mooscrat
Chloexxxx
LaVentosa
Deesha
pianofingers
engineer
Juud
justice
Admin
slfranci
24 posters

Sending multiple gifts

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Friend Code : B15B06
    MM Name : rainkid

Gifting. - Sending multiple gifts - Page 2 Empty Re: Sending multiple gifts

Post  Admin Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:39 pm

Mooscrat wrote:hey all

after having a friend blow my mind with this gifting trick i've been working with the idea for others...but only with 50/50 success for the method im using...if anyone's willing to point out where i'm perhaps misthinking or pm a few q's with me i'd appreciate it!

Mooscrat

Surprised

Once you perfect the method, please keep it to yourself or privately among friends who wish to know. There are plenty of people who prefer not to know.

(That isn't to say that those who do know how to do it abuse it all the time. I would say most don't use it all that often.)

Post  Guest Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:32 pm

Chloexxxx wrote:This has totally spoilt my game, I can't do the trick my Internet is 50 mb so impossible, but my friends can do.. Now I need not search for anything again, just ask a friend and they send 10 of them.. It's made the game uninteresting now, but that's just me

Don't let it spoil your game! Just don't ask for it:) or only ask for collection items that give food items when charged. Then you have more searching power;)
    Chloexxxx

Post  Chloexxxx Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:59 pm

sfinley ibrahim wrote:
    Chloexxxx wrote:This has totally spoilt my game, I can't do the trick my Internet is 50 mb so impossible, but my friends can do.. Now I need not search for anything again, just ask a friend and they send 10 of them.. It's made the game uninteresting now, but that's just me

Don't let it spoil your game! Just don't ask for it:) or only ask for collection items that give food items when charged. Then you have more searching power;)

Thing is though if you don't use it then it's soul destroying trying two weeks to find a prized item to find a friend has 50 and jumped 10 levels in a day... Guess you just can't win this one either way
    LaVentosa
    LaVentosa

Friend Code : 0e337f
    MM Name : LaVentosa

Post  LaVentosa Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:30 pm

Chloexxxx wrote:
    Thing is though if you don't use it then it's soul destroying trying two weeks to find a prized item to find a friend has 50 and jumped 10 levels in a day... Guess you just can't win this one either way

I just thought - It's like in real life. You get to choose your friends. If you have one who spoils your fun, you may erase him.
    *Hrrmmmmph*.. From ban from your Manor, I mean ... Smile and delete him from your address book. Ahem... Friends list.

Mooscrat
    Mooscrat

Friend Code : 5DFF1F
    MM Name : Mooscrat

Post  Mooscrat Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:42 pm

Admin: no worries, I do believe people should have to work for answers in life, and gaming.

Everyone else...

I agree with the cliche to each their own. And I think for a lot of players, 'enhanced gifting tactics' are nice because it allows them to game in an entirely different way; opening a new strategic plane for fun. I actually play with my wife as a team because we both love hidden picture things (neither one of us got that Highlights magazine subscription we always wanted as kids tongue )

So for us at least this little gimmick lets us set up splurge runs of room searching and banishing together...it's fun and awesome and makes the extra gifting work more pleasurable...

Plus it's a game jocolor

That's is, to be played and played with.

-M

Last edited by Mooscrat on Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : The tongue smiley stopped me from being able to type btw)
    LaVentosa
    LaVentosa

Friend Code : 0e337f
    MM Name : LaVentosa

Post  LaVentosa Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:00 pm

Mooscrat wrote:I actually play with my wife as a team because we both love hidden picture things (neither one of us got that Highlights magazine subscription we always wanted as kids tongue )
    -M

Awwww.. I like that reason! Smile from me you are forgiven! *lol*
    caroline23
    caroline23

Post  caroline23 Sat May 05, 2012 5:57 pm

Hi everyone!can you please share this secret to me by pm?Wink no one tells me how they send multiple collection items:(
    ycul
    ycul

MM Name : ycul

Post  ycul Sun May 06, 2012 12:35 am

sfinley ibrahim wrote:

I totally agree with Sara. I never post items on my wish list that I am in search of. I don't want people to just give them to me. I want to find them. Or trade for them. That's part of the fun. Now on the other hand I always have HOA, reef fish, or weapons, collection items on my WL. Those I will take any time along with items that can get me batteries so I can explore the Oceanic room or Lab. Heck I'm lucky if I get to explore those rooms once every few days because I never ever get corals, containers, batteries, or those little pod thingies to get in the Sakura room. (except for the pods and batteries that come with Rep gifts) I have so much stock of the first 45 collections (that I gathered all on my own I might add) (Thank you chic on a beach glitch for giving me so many turtles) and barely none from the others because I can't get in there to search. So if someone wants to send me extra helmets or pink squishy fish I am not going to turn them down. Very Happy But I don't let these extra gifts spoil the fun of my game. Besides if I have more of something than I need I can pass it to a friend in need. Making their game more exciting.

I also lately spend about 80 percent of my time gifting and socializing with my friends on MM. I have had a blast getting to know some of you guys and really enjoy the chatting. It makes me laugh out loud every day. (You all know who you are!) I'm sitting here giggling as I write this long and hopefully not boring post, just thinking about it. And isn't that what it's all about. HAVING FUN! (I am going to have to go to MM rehab after I get into UFO room 16)

Happy Hunting. And, thanks whoever has sent me extra gifts. I always appreciate them.
    alien Very Happy
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sun May 06, 2012 10:45 am

This is what I do as well. I like asking for trades, and like to search too. What fun is it to have everything given to you?

It is best to put impossible to get items (like expired holiday items) or banishing items in your wishlist. Those are always welcomed.

What a Face
    pianofingers
    pianofingers

Post  pianofingers Sun May 06, 2012 12:41 pm

Back to the topic of multiple gifts -- somehow this reminds me of "feeding the multitude" passage in the bible. The five loaves and two fish miraculously multiplied, and were able to feed thousands. pirat
    Annie
    Annie

Friend Code : 1f78c5

Post  Annie Tue May 08, 2012 2:06 am

This is an intriguing topic. A part of me would love to know 'the cheat' only because this game has consumed so much of my time (and I'm only at level 46!). I'm a grown woman with a family, a serious job, and trying to finish my PhD - yet, I am spending time each day, visiting unknown friends, leaving tips and trying to pick the perfect gift. My family thinks I have lost my mind (I'm NOT a gamer) and I seriously doubt that I'm burning many calories playing this game Wink

For now, I'll ignore the idea of discovering the cheat and I'll remain most grateful when I get those multiple gifts. I'll also stop feeling so inadequate when it takes me 3 days to advance one level. I do have one question - does this game ever end, or is this something I'll be doing 5 months from now? I'm fine if the game goes on and on, I just need to understand this. My competitive nature wants me to finish and it seems like that might not be in my near future. What happens when I obtain all of the collection items? What is the highest level? How did these Russian game makers get me addicted to this game? Will I ever be able to return to 'words with friends' Question
    ycul
    ycul

MM Name : ycul

Post  ycul Tue May 08, 2012 4:37 am

OMG Annie, I had to laugh at your post because so many of these thoughts have also gone through my head. My son who is a Mine Craft addict especially thinks it funny that I have commandeered the iPad. I have really only ever played WWF before (And sometimes when I want to clear my head Ant smashers!) and it is definitely taking a back seat to MM.

Happy hunting! Very Happy
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Tue May 08, 2012 11:13 am

The game is never ending in that you can level up as long as you like and collect items as long as you wish.

The game ends in that there is a limited number of quests to complete. Some players are beginning to get bored now that they have completed all the quests/gotten all the items.

Last edited by Admin on Tue May 08, 2012 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
    summerville
    summerville

Friend Code : e8483e
    MM Name : summerville

Gifting. - Sending multiple gifts - Page 2 Empty Groooooaaaan.....minecraft

Post  summerville Tue May 08, 2012 5:57 pm

[quote="ycul"]OMG Annie, I had to laugh at your post because so many of these thoughts have also gone through my head. My son who is a Mine Craft addict especially thinks it funny that I have commandeered the iPad. I have really only ever played WWF before (And sometimes when I want to clear my head Ant smashers!) and it is definitely taking a back seat to MM.

I have 2 insane mine craft addicts in my house. I so don't get it....it is an ugly game! They give me crap about the time I put into this, yet I literally have to pry the headset off my youngest at bedtime while she says just one more minute I'm talking to my frieeeeends!

Oh!
    Roxy
    Roxy

Friend Code : 1455f5
    MM Name : Roxy

Post  Roxy Wed May 09, 2012 6:02 pm

After reading this entire thread, I can't help but think how lucky I am to have many of you as friends; and how insane it is that so many of us (myself very much included) spend an enormous amount of time and are totally addicted to collecting pictures of items that don't really exist. I love it!
    Annie
    Annie

Post  Annie Wed May 09, 2012 10:50 pm

I was actually in a store one day and got confused...I saw an object that looked like a collection item and i had to stop and think about what I should do! Thankfully I didn't start tapping on it Very Happy
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu May 10, 2012 12:11 am

NYC has many stores in Chinatown with the Maneki Neko lucky cat and buddha statuettes everywhere. I've walked up to a few to 'ding' them. Walking out with them probably would get me arrested.

Oh, I saw a hat at Women's Express that looks exactly like the hat in the Dressing Room.
    Annie
    Annie

Post  Annie Thu May 10, 2012 1:12 am

Admin wrote:The game is never ending in that you can level up as long as you like and collect items as long as you wish.

The game ends in that there is a limited number of quests to complete. Some players are beginning to get bored now that they have completed all the quests/gotten all the items.

I think that once I've completed the quests and have collected one or two of everything, it will be time for me to call it a day.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu May 10, 2012 1:15 am

The Game Insight psychics will know when that happens, and will release an update at that time to suck more money out of you (and us). Evil or Very Mad
    Annie
    Annie

Post  Annie Thu May 10, 2012 1:20 am

Admin wrote:The Game Insight psychics will know when that happens, and will release an update at that time to suck more money out of you (and us). Evil or Very Mad

Thank goodness for the friends code synthesizer cheers
    Dazza JP
    Dazza JP

Friend Code : Secret
    MM Name : Dazza JP

Post  Dazza JP Thu May 10, 2012 4:58 am

So many friends are sending me multiple gifts, I feel like Mr Scrooge not being able to return the favour !!! Can some kind soul send a message to me to enable me to be as kind.
    js29

Post  js29 Mon May 14, 2012 1:58 am

I would also love to know the trick. I have a couple friends that can do it, and I LOVE everytime they visit my manor, and I would like to be able to help out in the same way, so if anyone is willing to PM, I would appreciate it! Very Happy
    karen_ni

MM Name : Karen

Post  karen_ni Mon May 14, 2012 2:06 am

I just wanted to say that I figured out on my own the "trick" but honestly, 95% of the time, it doesn't work for me. Let's just put it this way, my DSL is very fast.
    js29

Post  js29 Mon May 14, 2012 2:22 am

I might know then, but my internet is too fast Crying or Very sad
    engineer
    engineer

Post  engineer Mon May 14, 2012 2:07 pm

karen_ni wrote:I just wanted to say that I figured out on my own the "trick" but honestly, 95% of the time, it doesn't work for me. Let's just put it this way, my DSL is very fast.
    I have high speed internet and the multiple items from the wall works for me. I don't think there's any way DSL and a wireless connection are fast enough for it not to work...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 9:04 pm