MMUFF

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum

+13
Abemom2
Dazza JP
belle MM
Rosie Hallahan
Maniac456
Poppy
Dermi
helian
rab
Shadowcat
Katyc
Demdike
lynnhas
17 posters

2013 Independence Day Event

lynnhas

MM Name : lynn

2013 Independence Day Event Empty 2013 Independence Day Event

Post  lynnhas Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:05 am

My game just crashed. After I restarted it, I immediately got a notice that I had completed the Independence Day quest and my reward is supposed to be the (great!) Declaration of Independence charm. Except I didn't get a new charm! No Did this happen to anyone else? I did complete the quest last year, so I wonder if we only get one chance to get the charm?

Also, naturally, after the event started, I keep getting the "no internet" message so I cannot visit friends.
    Demdike

Friend Code : 98b826
    MM Name : Demdike

2013 Independence Day Event Empty Re: 2013 Independence Day Event

Post  Demdike Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:41 pm

Yup, it just happened to me too. I had all 3 collections already charged so it said I had completed it and won a declaration. Just the same one in my inventory that we got as a replacement for the duff turkey at Xmas.
    Katyc

MM Name : katyc

Post  Katyc Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:18 pm

For me, the quest completed instantly, however I do have the news event button on the right so should be able to collect it again. I will carry on collecting hats and chests before charging though - are you guys still getting the hats drop?
    Demdike

Friend Code : 98b826
    MM Name : Demdike

Post  Demdike Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:00 pm

Yes and I now have the news box with collect 3 of each for another certificate, so it's all good Very Happy 
    lynnhas

MM Name : lynn

Post  lynnhas Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:33 pm

Thank you Katyc! Mystery solved. I also have the right-hand events button to collect the charm. I have a good drop rate for the pilgrim hats (with Turtle running, of course), but the Sly Uncle is only giving up the pilgrim chests about 1/5 the time.

I love that pilgrim hats are giftable!
    Shadowcat
    Shadowcat

MM Name : shadowcat

Post  Shadowcat Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:43 pm

lynnhas wrote:Thank you Katyc! Mystery solved.  I also have the right-hand events button to collect the charm.  I have a good drop rate for the pilgrim hats (with Turtle running, of course), but the Sly Uncle is only giving up the pilgrim chests about 1/5 the time.  

I love that pilgrim hats are giftable!

I looked for uncle snatch on some lower level friends pages, but I can't find him anywhere. Just uncle sly on my own manor. Anyone else finding uncle snatch?
    rab

Post  rab Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:02 pm

My recollection is that once we completed the quest last year then uncle snatch turned to uncle sly. If people are being deemed to have completed the quest because they have a declaration in their inventory then i am not sure whether they can still find uncle snatch
    Katyc

Post  Katyc Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:53 pm

Uncle sly is meaner than a gypsy!
    helian
    helian

MM Name : Helian

Post  helian Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:14 pm

Yes, I hated Sly Uncle! I think everyone should be warned not to charge the Declaration of Independence to complete the new quest until the event is just about over. Otherwise, there will be no Uncles Snatch to be found anywhere soon enough. I'm having a hard enough time finding people with Uncle Snatch as it is now.

And I know it's the same as last year, but I really wish they had chosen another name for this uncle!! I hate chasing around my friends' manors for Snatch! :-/
    Katyc

Post  Katyc Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:24 pm

Chasing manors for snatch and mmuff.com on my Internet history - I think my H will have some questions;)
    Dermi

Post  Dermi Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:25 am

helian wrote:Yes, I hated Sly Uncle! I think everyone should be warned not to charge the Declaration of Independence to complete the new quest until the event is just about over. Otherwise, there will be no Uncles Snatch to be found anywhere soon enough. I'm having a hard enough time finding people with Uncle Snatch as it is now.

And I know it's the same as last year, but I really wish they had chosen another name for this uncle!! I hate chasing around my friends' manors for Snatch! :-/

So hilarious! Thanks for the good laugh!Laughing 
    Poppy
    Poppy

Friend Code : f5d84d
    MM Name : Knitwit

Post  Poppy Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:02 am

Katyc wrote:Chasing manors for snatch and mmuff.com on my Internet history - I think my H will have some questions;)

SUPER FUNNY! thanks for laugh.
    Maniac456
    Maniac456

Post  Maniac456 Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:16 am

My Uncle Snatchin must like my manor, he never leaves.
    Rosie Hallahan

2013 Independence Day Event Empty Independence

Post  Rosie Hallahan Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:52 pm

Has anybody noticed if you get better gifts from sly rather than snatch i.e. more red arrows/Indians etc?
    Katyc

Post  Katyc Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:18 pm

Rosie Hallahan wrote:Has anybody noticed if you get better gifts from sly rather than snatch i.e. more red arrows/Indians etc?

No, the gifts from the chests you get are random. The problem is Sly doesn't drop chests as frequently - this morning I exchanged 16 hats and only got 4 chests.
    Shadowcat
    Shadowcat

MM Name : shadowcat

Post  Shadowcat Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:58 pm

Katyc wrote:
    Rosie Hallahan wrote:Has anybody noticed if you get better gifts from sly rather than snatch i.e. more red arrows/Indians etc?

No, the gifts from the chests you get are random. The problem is Sly doesn't drop chests as frequently - this morning I exchanged 16 hats and only got 4 chests.

You are getting a better drop rate from Sly than I am. I've gotten 3 chests so far and I've exchanged more than 20 hats. I hate Sly!
    belle MM
    belle MM

2013 Independence Day Event Empty Able to see uncle snatch?

Post  belle MM Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:35 pm

So if we have already completed the Independence quests last year, are we even able to see Uncle Snatch in someone else's manor? I have looked at a few of my friends that I know have the quests, and I'm not able to see him. I would like to find him, but not sure that I will be so lucky.
    rab

Post  rab Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:03 pm

I completed the quest last year and see him in my manor and in friends manors
    helian
    helian

MM Name : Helian

Post  helian Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:04 pm

I completed the quests last year, and also already had many more than 3 of each collection charged when the event started this year. I think the reason that the quest did not automatically mark itself as complete is because I used up my Declaration of Independence charm somewhere along the way. For many people, the game recognized the quest as already completed if it found that charm in your inventory. So they unfortunately had no choice.

For anyone that has not taken the reward for the event yet, they should not until the last minutes before the event expires.

There is no advantage to the Sly Uncle!! It is GI's way of limiting our prizes from these awesome collections.

Go figure that now GI decides it's ok to use items previously collected. Evil or Very Mad

Oh, and for Belle: I have Uncle Snatch in my manor. I think you got screwed sweetie and so cannot see him. I've asked friends with the Sly Uncle and they cannot see any Uncles Snatch anymore - only Sly Uncle in the manors of people that have him. For people that still have Uncle Snatch, we cannot see any Sly Uncles - only Snatch in the manors of people who have not accepted the reward. Sad 
    Dazza JP
    Dazza JP

Friend Code : Secret
    MM Name : Dazza JP

Post  Dazza JP Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:19 pm

helian wrote:I completed the quests last year, and also already had many more than 3 of each collection charged when the event started this year. I think the reason that the quest did not automatically mark itself as complete is because I used up my Declaration of Independence charm somewhere along the way. For many people, the game recognized the quest as already completed if it found that charm in your inventory. So they unfortunately had no choice.

For anyone that has not taken the reward for the event yet, they should not until the last minutes before the event expires.

There is no advantage to the Sly Uncle!! It is GI's way of limiting our prizes from these awesome collections.

Go figure that now GI decides it's ok to use items previously collected. Evil or Very Mad

Oh, and for Belle: I have Uncle Snatch in my manor. I think you got screwed sweetie and so cannot see him. I've asked friends with the Sly Uncle and they cannot see any Uncles Snatch anymore - only Sly Uncle in the manors of people that have him. For people that still have Uncle Snatch, we cannot see any Sly Uncles - only Snatch in the manors of people who have not accepted the reward. Sad 

Exactly the same situation for me, I'll use my last hat to banish uncle snatchin just as I take the declaration of independence reward.
    Abemom2

Friend Code : 64d84e
    MM Name : Abemom2

Post  Abemom2 Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:55 pm

I have uncle snatch and did not complete quest previously since I was not playing then. I have sent chests to friends to open..I get chests back as gifts from them. Where do they go after that? I have no chests in inventory and no items showing up as found in the event button. Where do I look?
    belle MM
    belle MM

Post  belle MM Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:37 pm

Thanks for responding rabrown about your experience and Helian for the explanation! Since I have a charm inventory, it must've thought that I didn't need another. I must be lucky....I guess.

As for Abemom2, once the chests are sent back to you and you open them, the items can be found in collections 94-96. When you charge those collections you will see the information change in your event icon.
    Abemom2

Friend Code : 64d84e
    MM Name : Abemom2

Post  Abemom2 Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:28 pm

Thank you belle....I see them there now. This game makes me feel like an idiot sometimes!
    Murraymint11

Friend Code : ac7157
    MM Name : Murraymint

Post  Murraymint11 Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:56 am

So is the Declaration of Independence Charm worth having? Are the rewards from the collections better ie. keep Uncle Snatch?
    Dazza JP
    Dazza JP

Friend Code : Secret
    MM Name : Dazza JP

Post  Dazza JP Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:40 am

Murraymint11 wrote:So is the Declaration of Independence Charm worth having?  Are the rewards from the collections better ie. keep Uncle Snatch?

Can't remember exactly from last year, but I think it was % increase in coins exp and item finding for 7 days. I'd leave charging it till the last minute if you can, With a turtle you will get more joy from Uncle Snatch than Sly.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:02 am