Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum

Big Fish Games "Found" - MM alternative? 5 5 50

Big Fish Games "Found" - MM alternative?

BittyBrain

Friend Code: 8a7695
    MM Name: BittyBrain

Big Fish Games "Found" - MM alternative?

Post  BittyBrain on Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:49 pm

Big Fish Games has come out with a "free-to-play" hidden object games, called Found (which is kind of a joke on the tv series Lost).

I've played it a little bit. Some would say they totally ripped off MM. I say, good for them. It's more like other Big Fish hidden object games, but a lot is similar.

What's the same:
    - quests to find objects
    - collections
    - tools (compass, flashlight, magnet, bombs!)
    - roamers
    - word, silhouette, and night mode
    - diamonds for leveling up

The graphics are nowhere as good as MM. There are icons for friends and gifts but they don't work yet. My initial impression is that it is not as good as MM was when I first started playing it, but I'm so tired of being punished with quests for thousands of oil cans that it's better than what MM is now.

I'm not going to stop playing MM, but I'm going to seriously cut down on play time and mostly concentrate on helping friends. Best case scenario for me is the friends and gifting become operational and all my favorite peeps move over there.

I'm a huge Big Fish Games fan. I'm hoping they take the best of MM (okay probably not multi-gifting) and leave out the garbage. I have always had good customer service from Big Fish Games and never once felt like they were exploitive in any way. And they actually seem to understand that games are supposed to be, um, fun!

Anyone else tried it? Interested to hear other reactions.

StahlBS

Friend Code: 2f7173
    MM Name: StahlBS

Re: Big Fish Games "Found" - MM alternative?

Post  StahlBS on Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:24 pm

Thanks for pointing the game out Smile
    I like it, their games have always been enjoyable, except I usually just play thru the demos.
    This is a nice diversion from trying to get the keys to access the Selene, so thanks!

jill4444

Friend Code: PM
    MM Name: Jill

Thanks

Post  jill4444 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:40 pm

Thanks for sharing. I'm downloading now & will be checking it out. Also fed up with increasing GI limitations that have taken all of the fun out of the game. Tired of them not listening to their existing customer base...I'm playing less & less and am hoping to find a similar game with a company that knows more about software development, has better customer support and actually listens to their paying customers.

Fingers crossed that Found will be a suitable option! Thanks again for sharing with us Smile

paulinelhg

MM Name: Pauline

Post  paulinelhg on Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:48 pm

BittyBrain wrote:Big Fish Games has come out with a "free-to-play" hidden object games, called Found (which is kind of a joke on the tv series Lost).

Best case scenario for me is the friends and gifting become operational and all my favorite peeps move over there.

I may not be one of your favourite peep but I'm in your friend list and Im open to try it out!

Yeah Twisted Evil

Camille

Friend Code: Ask me
    MM Name: ....

Post  Camille on Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:17 pm

I've downloaded it and played for a few minutes. So far so good. It's a shock to the system not being able to find the items straight away LOL.

gailg

Friend Code: Can't
    MM Name: gailg

I've found Found!!

Post  gailg on Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:50 am

Like it a lot, maybe because I'm sick of GI and oilcans, and searching the same rooms for 10 months. I think once you can add friends which is at a higher level, then my whole group is going to move over, and it won't matter about unbanning Harper Seven. It has a lot of what we're used to as far as collections and charging but with new scenery etc I'm pretty happy. I also love BigFishGames. Long before iPad I've been a member for years on my PC and if you find something to complain about, it's fixed! You get the one person sticking with you day by day till you're happy again. If nothing else it will give you something to fill the void that MM leaves. Serves them right too that people are talking about Found on their FB page. Nothing like some healthy competition! cheers

ycul

MM Name: ycul

Post  ycul on Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:01 am

Thanks for the tip. I downloaded it too!

Edited to add that I played a bunch this afternoon and its fun so far. Very much like MM but new and exiting! I'm looking forward to being able to add friends. I've used my same names as in here Ycul in case anyone can add friends. Smile

Camille

Friend Code: Ask me
    MM Name: ....

Post  Camille on Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:35 am

ycul wrote:Thanks for the tip. I downloaded it too!

Edited to add that I played a bunch this afternoon and its fun so far. Very much like MM but new and exiting! I'm looking forward to being able to add friends. I've used my same names as in here Ycul in case anyone can add friends. Smile
    . I've played some more this evening too and really enjoyed it. Like Lucy I've used my MM name just in case we can add friends down the track.

Roxy

Friend Code: 1455f5
    MM Name: Roxy

Post  Roxy on Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:30 am

I like Found! Still not at the "Make Friends" point, but hope we can all friend up when we get there. I've had it with GI and their greed & bannings. Time to start fresh! Thanks for the tip.

chrismmuff

Post  chrismmuff on Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:49 am

WOW! This game sure is similar to MM! played a little and it's lots of fun! I. Level 244 and sometimes wonder what it would be like to start all over again, and now I can with Found!

gailg

Friend Code: Can't
    MM Name: gailg

Found

Post  gailg on Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:14 am

chrismmuff wrote:WOW! This game sure is similar to MM! played a little and it's lots of fun! I. Level 244 and sometimes wonder what it would be like to start all over again, and now I can with Found!

Actually I hadn't thought of that, but 10 months is a long time to play a game and I'd forgotten what it was like to be excited over new quests and finding collection pieces. With the knowledge I've gained from MM though I'm not playing like a newbie, I'm playing smart but goodness this is exciting!!
    Very Happy

Dazza JP

Friend Code: Secret
    MM Name: Dazza JP

Post  Dazza JP on Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:44 am

Can't wait to get home and download this, forgot my iPad today and haven't missed mm one bit

bbb Chris

Friend Code: 832580
    MM Name: bbb

Post  bbb Chris on Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:40 pm

Ha! Lots of talk on Facebook about "Found". Mystery Manor staff just posted:

Mystery Manor: Hidden Adventure Dear friends, please don't discuss other games on this page. All comments about others games will be deleted. Thanks in advance.

Just tried the game .... so far no oil cans Very Happy

paulinelhg

MM Name: Pauline

no fear of Post being deleted here

Post  paulinelhg on Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:10 pm

bbb Chris wrote:Ha! Lots of talk on Facebook about "Found". Mystery Manor staff just posted:

Mystery Manor: Hidden Adventure Dear friends, please don't discuss other games on this page. All comments about others games will be deleted. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for this info, I'm glad we have mmuff Smile

I tried "found" Smile so far so good Smile

cheers

Roxy

Friend Code: 1455f5
    MM Name: Roxy

Post  Roxy on Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:26 pm

bbb Chris wrote:Ha! Lots of talk on Facebook about "Found". Mystery Manor staff just posted:

Ha, love it! In your face, GI.

Current date/time is Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:21 am