MMUFF

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum

+4
Sharbee
•Vicki bans GI•
:::Stig:::
candyglam
8 posters

iOS6 Update Issues

candyglam

Friend Code : 3ba98d
    MM Name : CandyGlam

iOS6 Update Issues Empty iOS6 Update Issues

Post  candyglam Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:34 pm

So, I installed the new software update on my iPad yesterday and it sent my device into recovery mode, which made me have to restore it and lose all my data. I'm back to the beginning on The Tribez and Mystery Manor! I was reading that you could transfer the game between devices, so is there any way I can recover my game if I email support? I would think it would be a similar process. I should add that I (stupidly) had no backup due to recently switching computers and never plugging my iPad into the new one.

Anyone else have any issues after updating?

MM Name : Stig

iOS6 Update Issues Empty Re: iOS6 Update Issues

Post  :::Stig::: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:46 am

My iPad 2 also went into recovery mode trying to update iOS 6.0. Took several failed attempts but iOS finally installed (phew). I had backed it up to iTunes on my computer before starting this mess.

(I'm still an Apple rookie and this is my first recovery mode/restore from back-up, so please bear with me.) Once it was back up and running, I right-clicked in iTunes to restore from backup. My pictures came back, but not the apps. Do I need to re-install all of my apps, including MM, from the App Store? If so, how do I get my game progress back?

Good luck to others out there having a not-so-smooth update.

TIA!
    •Vicki bans GI•
    •Vicki bans GI•

Friend Code : QuitMM
    MM Name : •Vicki•

Post  •Vicki bans GI• Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:28 pm

candyglam wrote:So, I installed the new software update on my iPad yesterday and it sent my device into recovery mode, which made me have to restore it and lose all my data. I'm back to the beginning on The Tribez and Mystery Manor! I was reading that you could transfer the game between devices, so is there any way I can recover my game if I email support? I would think it would be a similar process. I should add that I (stupidly) had no backup due to recently switching computers and never plugging my iPad into the new one.

Anyone else have any issues after updating?

I wish there was something I could say or do to help. I just wanted to let you know that my heart dropped when I read this. You are one of my MM friends, and you've always been so nice. I am so sorry this happened!

If you have any backups at all, even an old backup, it would be better than starting over from nothing. I hope GI will help you out, but I fear they won't do much. Whatever happens, if you continue playing and if there's ever anything I can do to help you, please let me know. It would be my pleasure to return the kindness you gave me. Just let me know what I can do to help. I love you
    Sharbee

Post  Sharbee Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:38 pm

if this issue has such a serious impact, I don't think this topic should be under Chit-chat, but rather main Update Page!

I too am an Apple Newbie and still can't get to grips with iTunes etc. as it never seems to do what I ask it to do. As for the Cloud, well, strap on my spacesuit and reach for the stars!

Honestly, I think this belongs on main Update Page.

As for asking GI to help, may as well go live on Mars.

Moderator? here's the link it should be attached to...Although thread should point to IOS 6 Update.

http://www.mmuff.com/t1021-apple-ios-update-beware

Last edited by Sharbee on Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added link)

MM Name : Stig

Post  :::Stig::: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:24 pm

I'll post my update in case it can help others...

Mine turned out successfully, although I didn't know what I was doing at the time. Surprised

I created a backup before updating (in iTunes, right-click over iPad's name and select backup). What would have helped with my apps was to transfer purchases to my desktop (file -> transfer purchases). After finishing recovery mode, I restored my backup, which was good. I then didn't know if I should re-install MM from the App Store or not, but I tried it - and it worked!!! I entered the game where I left off. In the future after restoring from a backup, I could then go sync my apps in iTunes and be done with it instead of re-downloading everything from iTunes manually.

candyglam, best of luck to you!
    candyglam

Post  candyglam Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:28 pm

I didn't put the topic on the main update page because I thought it might just be independent to me and didn't want to alarm others with it. Just wanted to chat about my options. Apparently it has happened to others though.

I guess I'm just going to start over since I love the game so much. Unfortunately I started playing before multi-gifting was taken away and that was really helpful to me in the beginning (not to mention diamonds for friends). Maybe I'll convince my husband to start playing the game so we can be level 1 together. I set up my iPad to wirelessly sync from now on so I'll have a backup.

Vicki, thanks for your kind words! I'll add you again once I get the courage to start over!
    •Vicki bans GI•
    •Vicki bans GI•

Post  •Vicki bans GI• Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:38 pm

Let me know when you get started again. Anything I have that you need, it's yours.

If it's of any encouragement, I'm up to level 53 in less than 2 months, and that's starting out not knowing anything about the game, not knowing about this place, and not having any friends. And when I started, there was no multi-gifting, no diamonds for adding friends, and no weekend gift codes. Half of that time, my service tab was blank so I could only add the friends that were suggested in the game. I have not used diamonds for any of the quests either.

With your experience of the game, you'll be able to get going much faster so you should level up quickly. We can get you a set of horses and you can do gypsy runs if you'd like. At the lower levels, leveling up is pretty fast. I think you'll surprise yourself at how quickly you'll be able to get back to a decent level. Very Happy
    candyglam

Post  candyglam Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:35 am

So, I just started over and MM kept all my friends and let me use my old name, but I'm back to level 2! Time to get going!
    •Vicki bans GI•
    •Vicki bans GI•

Post  •Vicki bans GI• Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:33 am

How great you get to keep your MM name and friends! That will be a big help in getting things going again. Your wish list isn't showing up yet, but I sent you some gifts that I hope will help. I love you
    Pink451

Post  Pink451 Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:52 am

This happened to me in a previous update; my entire game was wiped out. However, I contacted game insight and they were able to fully restore my game; I just told them when I lost it and they sent files from that day.
    candyglam

Post  candyglam Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:53 pm

Pink451 wrote:This happened to me in a previous update; my entire game was wiped out. However, I contacted game insight and they were able to fully restore my game; I just told them when I lost it and they sent files from that day.

I sent them an in-game ticket to see if they could help me out. Waiting to hear back!
    Katyc

MM Name : katyc

Post  Katyc Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:48 am

candyglam wrote:
    Pink451 wrote:This happened to me in a previous update; my entire game was wiped out. However, I contacted game insight and they were able to fully restore my game; I just told them when I lost it and they sent files from that day.

I sent them an in-game ticket to see if they could help me out. Waiting to hear back!

I'm so sorry this happened to you:( I had a scare while updating on holiday in August and it crashed - I knew not to reinstall the app and literally panicked until I got home that I would have to start again! luckily I was able to get most back from ICloud (I think I was lvl 101 at the time and only lost a couple of levels).
    I'm lvl 132 now and will add you as a friend, request anything you need and if I can help I will:)
    Sharbee

Post  Sharbee Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:08 am

Candyglam, I've added you too, pls look for me in your pendings.

will help all I can too so request away Smile I can't do any fancy tricks but I have a heap of gypsy items to get you going!

I really hope GI can sort it out for you though. Fingers crossed.

candyglam

Post  candyglam Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:02 pm

Thanks everyone, you guys are lovely! Hopefully I can get GI to help and get me back to level 80! I sent a ticket early yesterday, but haven't heard back yet. I figure it's because it's the weekend and they probably get more requests so it takes longer to respond. Has anyone ever sent a ticket through the in-game GI center before?
    jill4444
    jill4444

Friend Code : c9e5ac
    MM Name : JillyG

iOS6 Update Issues Empty Help

Post  jill4444 Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:44 pm

candyglam wrote:So, I just started over and MM kept all my friends and let me use my old name, but I'm back to level 2! Time to get going!

Candy glam - thats terrible! I've added you as a friend & am happy to help get you back on your feet if GI doesn't come through. Please look for me in pending friends. MM name is Jill & I'm level 158.
    Pink451

Post  Pink451 Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:07 am

Candy,

If you send them an in game ticket, make sure to send the udid number, otherwise they'll just ask for it and it will take longer to get a response...that's what happened to me
    Mamachris

Friend Code : 891b08
    MM Name : Mama

Post  Mamachris Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:55 am

Hi Candyglam,

It's so sad you have to start all over but you're one of my MM friends, and you're still in my friendslist, so don't hesitate to ask for help.
    I'm only level 74 but happy to help if i can.

Mamachris
    MM name Mama
    candyglam

Post  candyglam Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:20 pm

So, they sent me this stupid reply.

Mary Lempp, Sep 25 15:50 (MSK):

Thank you for contacting Game Insight Support Team!

My name is Mary and I will be the one to provide you with support in your matter.

First of all, I should draw your attention to the fact that you have an option of doing backup of your device data using iTunes/iCloud. In case you want to switch your device or restore your game progress, you will be able to use the backup you made. Please, note that any purchase of in-game currency, made after the last backup will not be compensated after restoring from backup.
    Please, follow the link to find more information regarding backup: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1766

In case it is no longer possible to make backup of the old game, I would like to request the following data to assist you in reapplying your purchases to your new game account:

1) Your purchase receipts in PDF/JPG/PNG format sent in attachment.
    To view your Purchase history click the Store tab in the upper menu in iTunes. → View My Account. → Enter your login and password (if requested) and you will see your account information. Open your Purchase history and click See all.

As soon as you get all the information requested, I will do my best to resolve your case.

Sincerely,
    Mary Lempp
    Your Game Insight Support Team

I specifically told them I had no backup and that my game was returned to the beginning. Telling me how to backup NOW is not helpful at all. And I don't want to reapply purchases to my NEW game, I want my old game back! Ugh.

Pink451

Post  Pink451 Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:27 pm

Candyglam,

That's horrible, I don't understand why I lost my game the same way they were able to restore it. I had no iCloud backup and had made no purchases to the game. Do you want me to copy and paste the message I received from them (with the name of the person who helped me) to a private message for you, that way you can send it to them and tell them you want the same type of restoration? If you do, let me know and I'll send it to you, I just don't want to post it on this board.

This was about 2 months ago,so I can't imagine that much has changed

Pink451
    candyglam

Post  candyglam Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:33 pm

I replied and told them that another MM player specifically told me that her game had been restored after she lost all her progress and I didn't understand why they couldn't do that for me. I also said again that I had never made a backup and had no purchase history. So, we'll see what they say. I'll let you know if I need to take a step further and send them your message!
    •Vicki bans GI•
    •Vicki bans GI•

Post  •Vicki bans GI• Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:06 pm

I was afraid this would happen based on what Admin posted in this thread: http://www.mmuff.com/t127-never-delete-the-app

Admin wrote:If you want to continue playing Mystery Manor, NEVER uninstall/remove the App. If you do, and then reinstall the app, you WILL lose your account. Game Insight will NOT restore your account (they will offer you some diamonds). This happened to a friend of mine.

She spent real money, too.

I don't know why they restore some accounts but not others. It might have been better to have said your backup was corrupt than to say you didn't have a backup. Sad
    candyglam

Post  candyglam Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:50 am

I got another reply saying they wouldn't restore my game, just my purchases. I don't know why they would choose to do it for some people, but not for others. I also feel like the service reps don't really read what you write, as even though I stated in my reply that I had made no purchases, she still asked me to provide my purchase history so she could restore those. So frustrating.
    Pink451

Post  Pink451 Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:13 am

This is in case this happens to anyone else and they want to know who I talked to at game insight (i was surprised at how helpful they were for me). Here is the response I received to months ago when my ipad updated to ios 5:

Valentina Shibayeva, Aug 16 13:50 (MSK):
    Hello!

Yes, we are able to restore your progress.
    We have just sent you a special restorastion bonus, when you log on to the game you will se a restoration window.There you shall choose a save file to load from. After that the restoration window may appear some more times. You shall not choose anything there again. Just close it then.
    If you don't find the right format for you, scroll it must be there!
    Good luck!

Your Support Team
    Valentina Shibayeva

They then send me a survey asking how helpful they had been - they were great at the time (believe me, I was shocked, I did not expect the help)
    candyglam

Post  candyglam Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:49 am

Ok, thanks Pink! I sent another reply and copy & pasted your messages you received from support. I then asked why I wasn't being given the same opportunity to restore my game. Apparently I need to talk to Valentina instead of Mary Lemp! Lol It just annoys me the way she phrased it: "There is no opportunity for us to restore your game." Oh, you mean you don't want to because if I have to start over you think I'll buy more diamonds! Uh, no. We'll see what she has to say now.
    candyglam

Post  candyglam Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:02 pm

Ha! Now I got this!

Mary Lempp, Sep 27 11:44 (MSK):

Thank you for your information and support provided!

I have transferred your details for a careful investigation in order to help you as soon as we can and to provide you with the best support you deserve. Please, note that your request processing may take up some time, so our specialists shall get back to you with the solution in the shortest time possible.

In the meantime should you have any other questions, please, let me know. I am always there to assist you!

Sincerely,
    Mary Lempp
    Your Game Insight Support Team

Maybe there is hope after all! She probably looked at those messages Pink got that I sent her and thought, "Oh crap, they got me". Lol

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:37 am